Cancelled Xbox 360 'GoldenEye 007' remaster leaks online

goldeneye.jpg

Initially developed as a title for the Xbox 360’s Live Arcade service, the remaster of the N64's classic GoldenEye 007 got canned in 2008 and never saw the light of day. “The main reason it didn’t happen was because there were too many stakeholders,” GoldenEye composer Grant Kirkhope, who was at Rare during the remaster’s development, told Video Games Chronicle. “Microsoft, Nintendo and EON [owners of the Bond license] could never agree on terms, and that’s before you even start to consider getting all the original movie actors to agree to have their likenesses used again. It would’ve cost a lot of money to get it done and because of that the project probably wouldn’t have been financially viable."

However, a near-final beta build has now found its way online and is reportedly playable on the Xbox 360 emulator Xenia. Being a remaster, it features a graphical overhaul, while still allowing players to switch between HD textures to the original N64 ones by pressing the right shoulder button. Playable on this leaked build is the single-player campaign and local multiplayer in split-screen. However, online multiplayer and leaderboards which were planned features for the final release aren't available.

You can find more about the features of this remaster from Digital Foundry's 2.5-hour livestream of the game below:

:!: As the leaked build for the unreleased GoldenEye 007 remaster is available online, here's a reminder that at GBAtemp we do not, under any circumstances, condone piracy, and will not facilitate the spreading of illegal ISO files, or any other kind of warez. Please be mindful when posting in threads and:

Please do not ask for illegal files
Please do not post illegal files
Please do not share links to sites that host illegal warez
Failure to adhere will result in account suspensions or permanent bans.
This isn't our first rodeo, you have been warned!

If you see any of these activities, please report them.

If you have any questions please refer to :arrow:GBAtemp's TOS

:arrow: SOURCE

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know that it can be be played on PC and on the Xbox 360 development kit but I would like to know if it's possible to play the leaked Xbox 360 remaster on Xbox One or Xbox Series. I know that you can set these consoles to a developer mode and I'm wondering if anyone has tried to run the Xenia emulator or other emulators on Xbox One or Xbox Series and if they have tried Goldeneye 007 2008 on it or if anyone is willing to try.

Last edited by Waveracer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow