Gaming Canadians will soon have to pay $99 for Switch Games

S

Saiyan Lusitano

everything Nintendo-related is expensive, unfortunately. That's why Switch WILL fail.
The Switch will fail if it continues to lack third party support, overpriced games and a crappy online service. Nintendo exclusives alone won't do, just like they didn't for the WiiU.

What will happen is that, for example, I might turn on my Switch every couple of months to play a new Switch game that's released and then it'll get back to when that next game's gonna be out.

The system is overpriced, the games are overpriced, the accessories are overpriced. It's not worth buying right now, or even in 2018 unless Nintendo gets it together.

Reactions: queendude

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It makes for good marketing.
Likewise if you take a max historical preorder value, maybe even have a decent projection for this one, keep an eye on it for any radical changes (and maybe cap numbers), I don't know what their margins are but they could probably wear it and call it not a loss (save for tax purposes/doing accountant style maths in which case it becomes an advertising expense or something) but a breakeven or even a smaller profit (looking at http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/h...deo-games-for-at-wholesale-pricing.179921401/ it is just a forum discussion but one I am willing to give some benefit of the doubt, as Amazon just have warehouses rather than expensive employees and shop fronts and probably a serious bit of bulk order power it is probably even better).

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Switch overall is EXTREMELY pricey on Brazil. Not only the console is more than 2k BRL, ALL the games are 200 BRL or more. )):

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Switch overall is EXTREMELY pricey on Brazil. Not only the console is more than 2k BRL, ALL the games are 200 BRL or more. )):
200 BRL is about £47 which is the semi-standard price of Switch games in UK. Wouldn't pay that much because it's overpriced, any game over £30 or £40 is too much for me.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
200 BRL is about £47 which is the semi-standard price of Switch games in UK. Wouldn't pay that much because it's overpriced, any game over £30 or £40 is too much for me.
The problem is; for us, that's a lot. Games here are around 100 BRL. That's plus 100 BRL for any game, no matter if it's good or bad, indie or not. That's the only reason i didn't buy the Switch.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

The problem is; for us, that's a lot. Games here are around 100 BRL. That's plus 100 BRL for any game, no matter if it's good or bad, indie or not. That's the only reason i didn't buy the Switch.
Understood. The Switch will probably only start kicking off to have a decent library by 2019 or late 2018 at most.

If I hadn't bought the Switch and its products for under retail value, I wouldn't bothered with it.

Reactions: Vieela

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everything Nintendo-related is expensive, unfortunately. That's why Switch WILL fail.
...not really seeing that even though there selling like mad right now, maybe you see that as a future issue but right now it doesn't seem to be an issue for them

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The Switch will fail if it continues to lack third party support, overpriced games and a crappy online service. Nintendo exclusives alone won't do, just like they didn't for the WiiU.

What will happen is that, for example, I might turn on my Switch every couple of months to play a new Switch game that's released and then it'll get back to when that next game's gonna be out.

The system is overpriced, the games are overpriced, the accessories are overpriced. It's not worth buying right now, or even in 2018 unless Nintendo gets it together.
people have looked into the components inside the switch and it seems nintendo is barely making a profit at the price of all the components inside it, if they droped it lower then they might not be able to even make a profit on each system,

now on to my opinion about pricing, I see it as worth it for what it is capable of in portable mode, it feels like everyone else is looking at it in the light of just a console when they have managed to cram what they have into a small portable device

Reactions: whateverg1012

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is absolutely no way they'd price a switch game higher than ps4 or xboxone games it'll be lowered to $79.99 MSRP by release date

S

Saiyan Lusitano

people have looked into the components inside the switch and it seems nintendo is barely making a profit at the price of all the components inside it, if they droped it lower then they might not be able to even make a profit on each system,
Well, okay but not having games isn't helping the system 'cause without games it's just gonna sit there and catch dust, basically. I'm not going to boot up my Switch till July 14, for example.

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that the best counter-argument you could come up with?
Well I do find it funny people complain about a 300 dollar counsel and forget his muchh they spend on other systems. The switch is not nearly as powerful as the Xbox one of course but it doesn't need to be that powerful. LOZ:BOTW is about as strenuous on the console as games on it are likely to get and it runs out just fine.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Well I do find it funny people complain about a 300 dollar counsel and forget his muchh they spend on other systems. The switch is not nearly as powerful as the Xbox one of course but it doesn't need to be that powerful. LOZ:BOTW is about as strenuous on the console as games on it are likely to get and it runs out just fine.
I for one always try to spend as little as possible on whatever to save money.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well at least you got free healthcare
yeah...for now until them ass hat liberals get their own fucking way

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

unless money works differently in australia?
it does...everything is double expensive. like todays petrol price $1.49 per LITER

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/TLVGmvmNitg?si=q0_epTFfkUQcjc5s