Hacking Can we use a partitionned HDD on WiiU?

The Frenchman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I only have one HDD which I could use for the purpose of stocking games and it's already used on my Wii.

Is it possible to have a partition dedicated to the Wii and one other for the WiiU?

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see this question a lot, be nice if someone would test it with Stealth and let everyone know if it worked.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have one HDD which I could use for the purpose of stocking games and it's already used on my Wii.

Is it possible to have a partition dedicated to the Wii and one other for the WiiU?
Not yet although I understand devs are working on FAT32 support. To do that you would need to stealth the drive or the Wii U will try and format it.

But USB access would probably only be for loadiine games. I don't see how they could get the Wii U to only encrypt a portion of the hard disk, that would likely require a CFW.

The Frenchman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Already have Haxchi as a coldboot, hope they add the function. That would make things much better for me and I researched a bit online and some people seem to want this feature.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not yet although I understand devs are working on FAT32 support. To do that you would need to stealth the drive or the Wii U will try and format it.

But USB access would probably only be for loadiine games. I don't see how they could get the Wii U to only encrypt a portion of the hard disk, that would likely require a CFW.
The goal is to get the Wii U to accept a FAT32 formatted HDD as if it was an encrypted Wii U one, so the drive doesn't need to be formatted for Wii U at all.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1