Homebrew Can we make another Sudomemo with Miiverse?

Wolfer473

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same way we still had a Flipnote Hatena using a proxy, can we redirect the Miiverse app to show another site, using a proxy or DNS?
Maybe, but unlikely. Miiverse uses an SSL connection, so you'd have to do either hacking within the Wii U to change the site the Wii U connects to, or something mimic a Miiverse certificate, which would be nearly impossible. And we have a 5.5.2 exploit so I'm not sure why we would need this anyway tbh.

Last edited by Wolfer473,

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe, but unlikely. Miiverse uses an SSL connection, so you'd have to do either hacking within the Wii U to change the site the Wii U connects to, or something mimic a Miiverse certificate, which would be nearly impossible. And we have a 5.5.2 exploit so I'm not sure why we would need this anyway tbh.
I think he wants a custom Miiverse because the offical one will be shutdown this november.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-ends-miiverse-this-november-in-japan.482517/

Last edited by VitaType,
Reactions: Deleted User

aykay55

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since Miiverse is getting shut down and we could make a much better Miiverse than Nintendo themselves. Sudomemo (Custom Flipnote Hatena for DSi) is still going strong. Just run Mocha and/or another homebrew app to remove the 'SSL thingy', have proxy/DNS set up, and open Miiverse. B-BAM!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And if we can achieve this with Miiverse maybe we can redirect the e'Shop to our own server (Like Freeshop) and trick the Wii U to download homebrew apps directly to the system like e'Shop games (Probably not gonna happen because there's no ticket.

Last edited by aykay55,
Reactions: Deleted User

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
And if we can achieve this with Miiverse maybe we can redirect the e'Shop to our own server (Like Freeshop) and trick the Wii U to download homebrew apps directly to the system like e'Shop games (Probably not gonna happen because there's no ticket.
Tickets can be made for homebrew, just look at the 3DS, they're obviously not gonna work without signature patches but you'll need them to redirect the servers anyway.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tickets can be made for homebrew, just look at the 3DS, they're obviously not gonna work without signature patches but you'll need them to redirect the servers anyway.
Yes but we run Permanent CFW on 3ds and can completely alter the operating system.

And we don't download the app through the native system.

And AFAIK we can't make tickets. Ever tried to run the homebrew launcher app in the Wii U menu before running Mocha.

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes but we run Permanent CFW on 3ds and can completely alter the operating system.

And we don't download the app through the native system.

And AFAIK we can't make tickets. Ever tried to run the homebrew launcher app in the Wii U menu before running Mocha.
I'm pretty sure anything that runs from system menu needs a ticket. At least I'm pretty sure that's how it worked on 3DS and Wii.

Wolfer473

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since Miiverse is getting shut down and we could make a much better Miiverse than Nintendo themselves. Sudomemo (Custom Flipnote Hatena for DSi) is still going strong. Just run Mocha and/or another homebrew app to remove the 'SSL thingy', have proxy/DNS set up, and open Miiverse. B-BAM!

Umm... Not really. SSL is the encryption that the Wii U uses to connect to the Miiverse Servers. I know you can redirect a SSL (more commonly known as HTTPS) but the Wii U will detect an invalid certificate and lock you it of the eShop and Miiverse until it reads a valid certificate. In other words, there is no way to simply redirect it, you would have to do some serious hard modding on your console.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm... Not really. SSL is the encryption that the Wii U uses to connect to the Miiverse Servers. I know you can redirect a SSL (more commonly known as HTTPS) but the Wii U will detect an invalid certificate and lock you it of the eShop and Miiverse until it reads a valid certificate. In other words, there is no way to simply redirect it, you would have to do some serious hard modding on your console.

Yeah but it doesnt have to be valid since we have Signature patches

We have access to the SSL module so
Yeah I had meant after running sigpatches. I tweeted Sudofox but he hasn't said anything yet :(

I'm pretty sure anything that runs from system menu needs a ticket. At least I'm pretty sure that's how it worked on 3DS and Wii.
Apparently you don't. Sigpatches makes the Wii U 'forget' to check basically.

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Apparently you don't. Sigpatches makes the Wii U 'forget' to check basically.
Are you sure on that? I'm like 90% sure anything that doesn't have a ticket doesn't show up on home menu. Sigpatches just don't make it check for valid tickets to run on accounts (like pirating an eShop game says that you don't have the NNID on the system, running sigpatches removes this validity check).

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
untrue, you can use ssl proxying without sigpatches.
i think...

aykay55

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure on that? I'm like 90% sure anything that doesn't have a ticket doesn't show up on home menu. Sigpatches just don't make it check for valid tickets to run on accounts (like pirating an eShop game says that you don't have the NNID on the system, running sigpatches removes this validity check).
When you pirate an eShop game you have a ticket, that's why you can launch it without running Mocha or the like. But if I try to run the HBL app from the Wii U Menu it will make you restart the console.

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
When you pirate an eShop game you have a ticket, that's why you can launch it without running Mocha or the like. But if I try to run the HBL app from the Wii U Menu it will make you restart the console.
Disc games have tickets on them that run on any console, eShop only games have tickets bound to users/nnids which requires signature patches to bypass. I don't see any reason for HBL to require you to reboot the console aside from it crashing it. And again, I'm about 90% sure nothing will show up without a ticket for it on the nand.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disc games have tickets on them that run on any console, eShop only games have tickets bound to users/nnids which requires signature patches to bypass. I don't see any reason for HBL to require you to reboot the console aside from it crashing it. And again, I'm about 90% sure nothing will show up without a ticket for it on the nand.
@iAqua Can you run apps without tickets on the Wii U?

Wolfer473

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
untrue, you can use ssl proxying without sigpatches.
i think...
I know you can I've done it but it locks you out of Miiverse and/or the eShop until it reads a valid certificate unless you either place the Charles certificate into the trusted certificates or have signature patches running.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
I know you can I've done it but it locks you out of Miiverse and/or the eShop until it reads a valid certificate unless you either place the Charles certificate into the trusted certificates or have signature patches running.
just tried and it worked perfectly fine, although I must confess i'm not sure if i've trusted the cert.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol