Hacking Can the Wii U Gamepad be emulated (to the Wii U)

TheLoneWolfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm quite aware of libdrc purpose, and clearly understand what the OP is looking for. But i think you didn't even bother reading the linked page.

https://bitbucket.org/memahaxx/drc-sim/src

OP: This is what you're looking for, although there's no documentation (unless you count the source code, which is very well written).

Well. I stand corrected (again)! :rolleyes:

I did in fact read up on libdrc a while ago, though it must've slipped my mind that it supported that. Suppose I should make sure my info is right before trying to "correct" people, huh? My apologies.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy dingus this would actually be really useful to be able to Livestream games instead of buying those super expensive $200 capture cards

Sure it won't be HD or anything near that but it's still useable

"HD" That's as HD as you're getting, that's the direct feed from the Wii U, it's just a movie being streamed to the gamepad to be displayed. Anything more "HD" than that is upscaling.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"HD" That's as HD as you're getting, that's the direct feed from the Wii U, it's just a movie being streamed to the gamepad to be displayed. Anything more "HD" than that is upscaling.

I'm 100% sure the Wii U doesn't stream to the gamepad in HD, it'll be pretty low-res to match the screen resolution of the gamepad

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 100% sure the Wii U doesn't stream to the gamepad in HD, it'll be pretty low-res to match the screen resolution of the gamepad

I realize, that's what I'm saying. I never said it was literally "HD" IE 720p, I said that's as high a quality as you're going to get. Hence why I used quotation marks.

Reactions: Lucifer666

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Can the Wii U gamepad be emulated to the Wii U?

Some applications like the settings menu REQUIRE the gamepad to be enabled. I f-ing hate the Gamepad and I'd rather let the battery die than use it but some games like Bayonetta do require the gamepad to be on.

I was wondering if it would be possible to emulate the Wii U Gamepad to be connected to the Wii U by using some sort of software on the pc and a bluetooth usb stick.

Anyone? :)
Even if you could, System Settings displays on the gamepad. It's not very useful without one.

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't count how many times I've done this. I leave the gamepad on the charger, and as soon as I start the game I want (with pro controller), I turn off the display of the gamepad. Kind of annoying it doesn't turn off on it's own when it's not being used. Hoenstly, the gamepad is the dumbest gimmick I've seen from Nintendo yet. There isn't a single game that makes it interesting (a chore if you ask me). When I heard of it I thought it might be cool to play Wii-u games on the gamepad (no TV), but then I discovered the signal won't reach other rooms. If I need to sit in the same room as the TV, I may as well turn on the TV.

Have you tried straight up taking the console with you? xD That's what I do sometimes, I'll just plug it somewhere safe in the kitchen and play away.

Reactions: Obveron

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but only in Wii U mode, if you try to hold B to go into vWii mode it'll fail until you plug it in.

this isnt true anymore. You can now use the quick menu choose wii mode and than press + to use gamepad mode only, you no longer have to aim at tv to start wii mode

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
....what? You never had to aim at the TV for vWii mode if you hold B when it boots up.

yeah I meant if your clicking the icon, either way you can use wii mode without hdmi connection, just tried it now

originally you had to aim wii remote at tv before they added the quick start menu and before they added the hold B at startup to enter wii mode

TheNintendoEnthusiast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love some sort of method to spoof the gamepad with your computer, or if Nintendo would just patch the OS to not force everyone to use it to access settings etc

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
....what? You never had to aim at the TV for vWii mode if you hold B when it boots up.

Actually if you set the tv resolution to non-hdmi you never need to have the tv on so you can do the hold B thing or from the quick start menu. But yes indeed you can do what I do and straight up take the console with you and plug it like in your bathroom or something xD Alternatively you can now start Wii mode from the Wii U menu and press + to start it in gamepad only mode, it won't display on your tv if you have it on but hey no pointing necessary. I do this a lot (I have some VC on vWii) and use the left stick on a classic controller for any pointing stuff, pretty handy stuff.

Reactions: NWPlayer123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto