Hardware Can someone tell me if this setup is OK?

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by sp3off,

indev97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
https://www.topachat.com/pages/configomatic.php?c=gFZEN50AZOlfcffFO53fI8gVZMVb6QjU+iLEWoVshmo=

Here's how I see your configuration, based of the processor. GTX 970 wouldn't have been "performance-friendly", so I've changed it with a AORUS Radeon RX 580.
I will not spend more money in another graphic card, I know the 970 is very weak for this setup, but games this days spend more processor than graphic card, so I´ll not have many problems, even less problems with the overclocked processor and the liquid refrigeration. Also I´ll save money for the next 4 years (the years that the graphic card will be useful) for a new one.

indev97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
that's not true
that processor only does dual channel, not quad
Oh, and the RAM doesn´t have anything to do with channels, THAT´S THE MOTHER. Oh god...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you need help..
"that processor only does dual channel, not quad" I think you need more than me haha.

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I will not spend more money in another graphic card, I know the 970 is very weak for this setup, but games this days spend more processor than graphic card, so I´ll not have many problems, even less problems with the overclocked processor and the liquid refrigeration. Also I´ll save money for the next 4 years (the years that the graphic card will be useful) for a new one.

Hmm. Well ignore the AORUS Radeon and put yout GTX 970 (is not available in the site where I made the configuration, that's why)

indev97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hmm. Well ignore the AORUS Radeon and put yout GTX 970 (is not available in the site where I made the configuration, that's why)
Dude, seriously, there´s not only one configuration, combinations in hardware are limitless. A Radeon would be even worse with that setup, a consume of a 1080 with the potence of a fucking 1060. Tell me the page of the setup, please...

Last edited by indev97,

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dude, seriously, there´s not only one configuration, combinations in hardware are limitless. A Radeon would be even worse with that setup, a consume of a 1080 with the potence of a fucking 1060. Tell me the page of the setup, please...

I know that don't worry haha. It is just based on YOUR setup.

Go check there if you want : https://www.topachat.com/pages/configomatic.php

For the proc, type directly when clicking "i7-8700k" because they do not have it in stock.

Last edited by sp3off,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, he linked a page with a config which can be useful or not, I said before: There´s not only one config, pieces can change and the PC as well.
Right, but he gave reasons as to why certain parts might not be the best idea. If I were you I'd take the criticism and ask what he means, rather than overspend or end up with incompatible parts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D +1