Gaming Can somebody help me partition my HDD?

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a seagate HDD the other day, and when I tried to format it to fat32 the usual way, it would only format to NTFS. I tried using Wii Backup Manager, and it SAYS that it changed, but it didn't. Any suggestions?

kjb1686

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try downloading a partition manager like EASEUS partition manager and format it using that and you can also use it to partition the drive. For the program google it i don't have a link for it.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
open cmd (comand prompt) as administrator: right click on cmd.exe and select run as administrator

type the following

Code:
convert G: /FS:FAT32

where "G" is the drive letter of your seagate HDD (open my computer to find out)

samagon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't format large drives to fat32 on Windows XP and above. You could use a number of different 3rd party tools. Try fat32format: hxxp://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Hard-Disk-Utils/FAT32format.shtml

Or if you're using linux just type this into the terminal while you have root access:

mkfs -t vfat -I /dev/sda1

Assuming that sda is the drive you want to format.

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I got it. WOOT! I just had to run it a couple times.Now then. Is there a need for a NTFS partition for it to function properly, or can I have the whole thing as fat32?

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
drakorex said:
Hey, I got it. WOOT! I just had to run it a couple times.Now then. Is there a need for a NTFS partition for it to function properly, or can I have the whole thing as fat32?

no it is not a nnessesity to have another ntfs partition on that drive, be warned that files over 4gb will not copy over

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kinda feeling like that remix of the perfect cell theme