Hardware Can I use a PS3 or Xbox 360 controller with a jailbroken Nintendo Switch without an usb adapter?

Tomtani1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read online that I need to have an usb adapter such as the 8bitdo. Is there a way without having to use an usb adapter?

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that I know of as far as I know you will need the 8bitdo adapter but they are $20 so not all to bad in price and worth having since it works with about any game system and computer, also you don't jailbreak a switch you hack it jailbreak is an apple/iphone,ipad thing.

Tomtani1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Shady Guy Jose

Tomtani1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Mission Control software does not work for the PS3 nor Xbox 360 controllers.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I will look into another software called Cathery.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Mission Control software does not work for the PS3 nor Xbox 360 controllers.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I will look into another software called Cathery.
It will never work for 360 because they aren't Bluetooth and for ps3 u have to give the controller the Mac bluetooth address

Last edited by Shadow#1,

Tomtani1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to test the Cathery software. It requires the PS3 or Xbox 360 controller to be connected to the Nintendo Switch by a USB cable while docked.

Tomtani1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The developer of Cathery sys-con-0.6.3 just updated the software to version 0.6.3 on 4-12-2001. Cathery worked perfectly on my Nintendo Switch running 12.0.1 with the latest version of Atmosphere. I connected my PS3 Controller (DS3) using a usb cable and it worked perfectly. I also tested the Xbox 360 controller and Cathery also worked perfectly using the usb cable. The developer did an excellent job. I highly recommend Cathery sys-con-0.6.3. The controllers must be connected using a USB cable (wired connection). I don't mind using a wired connection. Previously I tried the cheap $25 Power A wired Switch controller and was not happy at all. This is a much better solution using the DS3 or Xbox 360 controller.

Last edited by Tomtani1,
Reactions: r5xscn

CyrusTheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The 360 uses rf, radio frequencies.
What controller did I find in my room then, because its wireless (but looks to have a hole for a plug on the front) & says its xbox 360 (& its an official Xbox 360 controller) & has a small button at the rear with a wireless signal symbol looks exactly like this: ))) & I'm not sure if that icon is common or not?

CyrusTheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The 360 uses rf, radio frequencies.
Hey, since u seem to have the knowledge, would you maybe know what controller I just found in my room then?! lol, I just found this one in a draw & its wireless (but looks to have a hole for a plug on the front as well) & says xbox 360 (& its an official black Xbox 360 controller btw) & has a small button at the rear with a wireless signal symbol looks exactly like this: ))) & I don't know if that ")))" icon is common or not, but I thought maybe you might? Thanks :)

YoureALoser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, since u seem to have the knowledge, would you maybe know what controller I just found in my room then?! lol, I just found this one in a draw & its wireless (but looks to have a hole for a plug on the front as well) & says xbox 360 (& its an official black Xbox 360 controller btw) & has a small button at the rear with a wireless signal symbol looks exactly like this: ))) & I don't know if that ")))" icon is common or not, but I thought maybe you might? Thanks :)
It's a wireless RF controller. You can buy one of those generic adapters for wireless 360 controllers for PC & use it on a hacked Nintendo Switch via mission control homebrew.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bluetooth only started to be a standard when the Xbox One S console released with the One S Controller all pervious controllers are RF all Xbox One Controllers before the released of the Xbox One S all RF Xbox One S controller model 1708 started being Bluetooth any model before this model r all RF

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: