Android Can I update my smart tv an further?

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly sure if this is correct forum to post in but I'm going ahead anyway... I just unboxed a samsung smart tv 5 series 5500 it seems a but sluggish this tv is a couple years old just hasn't been turned on until today. I updated it to the "latest" firmware 2170 I just want to make sure I can't manually update this to any newer firmware. Also my dad's smart tv looms very different then mine. Also are there any nodding options arable for my tv any help will be appcaited thanks

Attachments

• 1491771011672743479603.jpg
    1491771011672743479603.jpg
    880.7 KB · Views: 287

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. I would suggest you contact Samsung support to find out, as I don't think anyone here specializes in Samsung Telescreens.
I don't know. I would suggest you contact Samsung support to find out, as I don't think anyone here specializes in Samsung Telescreens.
lol wonder if anyone has models a samsung tv

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have tried dozens of so called smart TVs from loads of makers. Despite it being easy on the face of it (there have to be a thousand different android boards with HDMI out, many TVs I pull apart already have extra decoder boards and android takes mouse and keyboard input which you were already adding to your remote control) none of them have been worth using.
I don't know why they are all so inept but they are and thus you continue to get to buy $20 devices to improve the functionality immeasurably.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know. I am happy with mine (Android TV / SONY X850C).
It works quite well.
I mean, what I normally use works quite well. Youtube, Netflix and Amazon video.
Also I do movies using MX PLAYER (you can just install android apps), and it works well also with full subtitles, even ASS subtitles.
Crunchyroll (from the play store also) works quite well.
Not much complaining from me about it... Well, the web browser is shit, I suppose.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried dozens of so called smart TVs from loads of makers. Despite it being easy on the face of it (there have to be a thousand different android boards with HDMI out, many TVs I pull apart already have extra decoder boards and android takes mouse and keyboard input which you were already adding to your remote control) none of them have been worth using.
I don't know why they are all so inept but they are and thus you continue to get to buy $20 devices to improve the functionality immeasurably.
Oh deep I got a reporter to this thread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto