Homebrew can I update 3ds to 9.2 using the gateway downgrade? help

abdellbobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hey gbatemp users I hope you are fine .I have question can I update my 3ds to sysNAND 9.2 using the gateway downgrade consol app on GW mneu press up and the downgrader I never downgrade from a higher FW so can I download a NAND.bin online and uses?:wacko:
please help!:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:
GW Ultra 9.jpg

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done it, but you need your own NAND file. you have to downgrade your emunand to 9.2 by downloading the 9.2 files from the 3ds piracy site, install sysupdater.cia to you emunand, dump the nand file with emunand tool or decrypt9 in sysnand (through browserhax), and then select copy NAND.bin to sysnand option. It's the same as a normal downgrade, but without having to go through the hassle of sysupdater in sysnand and having it fail.

Last edited by nero99,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can I download a NAND.bin online and uses?
N O.

You can only restore NAND backups on the system they were made on. Installing NANDs from other systems will brick your system. Your only option is to get sysUpdater working.

Listen to that other guy with the emuNAND stuff :P

Last edited by Scarlet,

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N O.

You can only restore NAND backups on the system they were made on. Installing NANDs from other systems will brick your system. Your only option is to get sysUpdater working.
No it isn't. As long as he can downgrade his emunand to 9.2, a copy of that emuNAND can be dumped with decrypt9 and restored to sysnand.

Reactions: Scarlet

Manuel9181

GBAtemp Prosecutor
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Install rxTools (2.5.2 or 3.0 beta 2 version, not the 2.6)
Download from that ISO site the fw you need (double check the region and if it's for the o3ds or the new one)
Extract all the cias of that RAR into a folder called "updates" placed into the root of your SD
Enter in DEVMODE/PASTAMODE from rxtools' main menu (if you'll proceed installing the update while you are on rxsysNand or gwsysNand you'll have a nice bricked console)
Install sysupdater.cia and launch it (don't proceed if you are not on DEVMODE/PASTAMODE)
Run the update (don't even touch your console during during the process)
Profit

Last edited by Manuel9181,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No it isn't. As long as he can downgrade his emunand to 9.2, a copy of that emuNAND can be dumped with decrypt9 and restored to sysnand.
My apologies ♥ I am kiiiiiiiiinda right since he'd need to get sysUpdater working in emuNAND ;) But yeah, good shout there.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies ♥ I am kiiiiiiiiinda right since he'd need to get sysUpdater working in emuNAND ;) But yeah, good shout there.
Sysupdater in emunand is always guaranteed to load lol. Even in rxtools dev/pasta mode. But I think dc9 would be safer since this persons new to downgrading. One mistake in rxtools dev mode and bam, screwed up sysnand. The same can actually be done with gateways NAND restore. But it's a pretty risky thing to try since you'd be using a "sysnand" that the system has never had before. But dc9 is basically the safest way to go after downgrading emunand

Reactions: Scarlet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu