Can I still get banned on my PSN account?

nolemretaW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, for a long time (since 2019 I believe, that was when I first modded my PS3 and logged into PSN) I've been logged into PSN with my main account (it's empty, I don't have any games on it, no friends), I had auto sign in turned on and I haven't been banned. Same on Vita, been always logged in. I don't cheat online, only thing I do is run homebrew and backups on both of them. But I got kinda scared that my account will be banned so I logged out from my Vita (in settings app, didn't restore it), and my PS3. Is there still a chance for me to get banned, even though I won't use this account?

Advanced User

Trophies
XP
Country
Sony logs everything you do (we recently learned they collect a huge amount of data) and seemingly keeps those logs forever.
So yes, you absolutely could still be banned, if Sony ever wanted to.
That's why you should never go online with a hacked Playstation, and never use your legit PSN account (=the one you use to purchase games) on a hacked system. If you want to hack your PlayStation, get a secondary console.

Anyway, since you say you didn't actually purchase anything using your account, does it even matter if it's banned? Just don't ever use the same account on a "legit" (unhacked) console.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, if you care about purchases, trophies, online access, etc, do not use your main account with any exploited system. the vita is probably safe, but the ps3, 4, and 5 are not.

Reactions: Advanced User

nolemretaW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, for a long time (since 2019 I believe, that was when I first modded my PS3 and logged into PSN) I've been logged into PSN with my main account (it's empty, I don't have any games on it, no friends), I had auto sign in turned on and I haven't been banned. Same on Vita, been always logged in. I don't cheat online, only thing I do is run homebrew and backups on both of them. But I got kinda scared that my account will be banned so I logged out from my Vita (in settings app, didn't restore it), and my PS3. Is there still a chance for me to get banned, even though I won't use this account?
yeah, if you care about purchases, trophies, online access, etc, do not use your main account with any exploited system. the vita is probably safe, but the ps3, 4, and 5 are not.
So if I change my email to a secondary one and username to something else (basically make my main account a secondary one), then create a new main account under my main email, will I be safe? Unless I wouldn't be able to use my username on the new account, because that's what their help article about deleting an account says

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I change my email to a secondary one and username to something else (basically make my main account a secondary one), then create a new main account under my main email, will I be safe?
your account has nothing to do with email or name. it has a unique id that can't be changed. if it was flagged, it will be banned, and there's nothing you can do about it. sony bans both system and account.

nolemretaW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
your account has nothing to do with email or name. it has a unique id that can't be changed. if it was flagged, it will be banned, and there's nothing you can do about it. sony bans both system and account.
Ok thanks. I made a new account that I will use as my account in the future when I'll buy a PS4/5, and changed email and username on old one.

Reactions: godreborn

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I can't tell if you will or will not be banned. They can do it.

My personal experience is the following:

I've been doing heavy, hardcore piracy on my Vita for many years (I do not cheat, but I played online a lot on modnation racers that I own physically) . My account never was banned, but that do not means that you're safe.

I never used this account on the PS3 (I don't even have a PS3).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks. I made a new account that I will use as my account in the future when I'll buy a PS4/5, and changed email and username on old one.
That's what I did as well with the ps5. I have separate accounts for the ps3, ps4, and vita/pstv. Getting account banned is devastating if using the same on all, especially if it's a legit account.

Reactions: Randqalan

nolemretaW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, that's why I got scared in the first place. Also imo the worst part is not the ban itself, but that you don't know when you'll be banned, or if at all. I got by with 3-4 years of being signed into modded consoles, others are not so lucky, and they got banned in a few hours or days of signing in.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's why I got scared in the first place. Also imo the worst part is not the ban itself, but that you don't know when you'll be banned, or if at all. I got by with 3-4 years of being signed into modded consoles, others are not so lucky, and they got banned in a few hours or days of signing in.
I got banned in the past on the ps3, and I have no idea what I did. I was using my legit account too, and I was using it on all systems, so people shouldn't be naive that if it hasn't happened, it won't happen. I lost everything in the process. Also, I had no pirated games on my system, still banned. They'll ban for simple homebrew.

Reactions: nolemretaW

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well in a way you pretty much banned the said account yourself if you choose to not use it online anymore b/c the end result is the same. Only difference is that its not an official ban. My account is fine even tho it had vita/ps4 pirated apps data with trophies - logged into my ps5 got a 1 yr PSN+ sub and played Genshin. But yeah everyone will and should just go with the safe response. Usually bans happen if you try log with a cfw which hasn't really happened since the PS3 era.

Last edited by MasterJ360,
Reactions: Mayo1990

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?