Hacking Can I somehow fully spoof my firmware? -N3DS User

Simplicity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy. I have a gateway card, I have cubic ninja. Naturally I use cubic ninja to use the eshop spoofer and update my games. I don't know if that works anymore since any updates I can possibly attempt freeze at 99%, I am given an error, and then I can return to the home menu where a gift is there, at 99%, which wants me to go into sleep mode to finish. Sleep mode doesn't work, I try to do the "Download now" for the last 1%, and then it tells me I need to perform a system update in order to complete it.

I would assume this is only the case for Super Smash Bros' new update which is problematic for others too, but I also tried a similar method on Nintendogs which had the same failed result.

The CIAs I created for Nintendogs+Cats didn't work (probably for some obvious reason I do not know about). I was hypothesizing that I could probably install the CIA, go into the eshop, leave the eshop, delete the game through Title Manager, return to the eshop and execute a re-download. I only really wanted to do this, because someone else confirmed my theory had worked on some eshop title. However, like I said, it gets stuck at the 99%, adds it as a gift, and demands I update my firmware to get the last 1%.
Keep in mind, this is all on SYSNAND, and I have no intention of using EMUNAND, it should also be noted that N3DS does not even have the most recent EMUNAND.
So O3DS with 9.8 EMUNAND users can probably use the method I detailed above without issue. (Perhaps it is possible for someone to follow it, and then extract the once problematic Nintendogs CIA? Not sure. I am a bit of a noob.)

Anyway, to get back to the title question, is there anything I can do to disguise my firmware on SYSNAND to a level where I wont have this 1% issue? Like I said, I have Cubic Ninja, Pasta, and a Gateway, I can probably do just about anything available, if it is possible.

Thanks!

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm unsure as to why you'd be having a problem with the download. I've used YGW to spoof my firmware and never had a problem updating my Pokémon games.

I'd try to reinstall your YGW .CIA.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
they have probably made new title updates use the "seedy encryption" that was added in 9.6 (which pretty much blocks n3DS users as they cannot understand what they are supposed to do with the new SEEDDB type of encryption), so without getting a pre-decrypted and repacked version to use it on the n3DS, and games/dlc/title updates that use the new encryption will require decrypting on a o3DS first

i'm assuming this is the case i haven't really looked at any of the new title updates

Simplicity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I was able to work out SSB, as many others have. The 1.0.8 update has been posted various places, and it was pretty easy to get a hold of.

I will run some testing on the O3DS for my question regarding Nintendogs.

I am still curious if it is possible to spoof your firmware on a level that would bypass the 99% update requirement. Though I am all but certain it is not possible, or has not yet been done. I tried pasta's eshop spoofer, and NTR CFW spoofing through debugging. Same result as pasta's eshop spoofer sadly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1