Homebrew Suggestion Can I remove all traces of homebrew from Switch 5.1.0?

whostolemywaffle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so im gonna just use switch os for regular copies like Cartridges and my digital downloads and then use Sx os for modded backups while using them offline with homebrew. But ill probably Edit my backups with sx pro

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so by using sx os i have a lower chance of getting banned?

My crystal ball says: you have a 50/50 chance of being banned--either you'll get banned or you won't get banned.

Seriously; I gave you the advice.

I have no way of knowing the methods Nintendo uses to ban people, what they're specifically looking for, or any degree of the actions that can or will (or may not ever) happen.

I have no way of knowing how SX operates calls to Nintendo, how it interacts with Switch, or anything like that.

If you want to be safe, buy a second Switch and never, ever, go online. If you gt banned, don't use the same log-in details.

CarefulCrysis

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You probably should always use Airplane mode, erase any crash logs (can't find the link, but I don't know how it works, either (program)), and never do anything online, such as going to the Switchbru store, unless you don't care......judging from the title, you do care.

Might be a good idea for a dev to make a "save state" Switch can revert to---I used to play 3-4 titles, have them show up in my "recently played" online, do something that bugs Switch out, and the next time Switch started, the titles were removed from my list and the online list. ----probably not grammar'd correctly, but....meh.
I do care alot about going online i was simply curious to see homebrew running on my switch, i cleared logs and I've deleted all the traces from the sd card now. Will wait until there's something more concrete about in terms of console banning or account banning and homebrew, it's not really worth the risk

Last edited by CarefulCrysis,

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will wait until there's something more concrete about in terms of console banning or account banning and homebrew it's not really worth the risk

Given how long it took 3DS bans to occur, you might as well save __ 30.00 every month and you'll have enough to buy a second Switch by the time bans waves occur.

You could also get a 32/64GB card just for HB--you'd save a lot of time cutting out the back-and-forth.

CarefulCrysis

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tbf I doubt nintendo would ban a Switch for just running the homebrew app, it's most likely people that are messing with the code in games and cheating. I'm not that worried as I don't think it'll cause my switch to be banned but I'm aware that no one really knows.... lol I hope...

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so im gonna just use switch os for regular copies like Cartridges and my digital downloads and then use Sx os for modded backups while using them offline with homebrew. But ill probably Edit my backups with sx pro
I'm gonna bet that using SX Pro at all for backups is asking for a ban. Based on what we've been hearing recently, LayeredFS is probably a better option for modding.

Naster

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I was thinking about the same thing. Launched homebrew browser, tried load backup, wanted to go back. Deleted all stuff from SD-card, reboot my NS, updated to 5.1.0. Playing in Fortnite for second day and no sign of something wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol