Hacking Can I Install more than 1 cIOS at a time?

Hammyface

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. With the recent releases of Ghostbusters and Indiana Jones only working with rev13a, I considered a "fix". Since rev13a has some of its own problems (like forcing a reboot every time a game is loaded twice), I figured I could do this: load almost every game with cIOS rev10, any problematic games or games that require a microphone can use cIOS rev13a. I can't seem to figure this out though.

I am using USBLoader GX and it gives you the option to boot certain games with certain IOSes. I have them all set to 249 (which is cIOS rev10) and the few unworking games I told to use 222. For 222, I tried Hermes' installer but Ghostbusters wouldn't boot. So I then loaded up cIOS rev13a, and when it asks you to use 249, I told it to use 222 instead. I figured this would make cIOS rev13a on 222, cIOS rev10 on 249, and in USBLoader GX, I could tell it to use 249 for everything, and set specific games to use 222.

This doesn't work at all and I'm not sure why. Is 222 reserved only for Hermes' or something? Was I an idiot for installing Waninkoko's cIOS to 222? I thought what I was trying to do made sense but it's not working. Thanks to anyone who can help!!
smile.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you run the cIOS rev13a installer and tell it what IOS to use, its just doing that. USING the IOS, not installing to it. All of Waninkoko's rev installers will install to IOS249 regardless. Hermes' cIOS installer will install to either IOS222 or 223. Do most normal games work fine through Hermes' cIOS? If so maybe you can just use that for most games and then just use IOS249 with rev13a for the ones like ghostbusters.

Hammyface

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
When you run the cIOS rev13a installer and tell it what IOS to use, its just doing that. USING the IOS, not installing to it. All of Waninkoko's rev installers will install to IOS249 regardless. Hermes' cIOS installer will install to either IOS222 or 223. Do most normal games work fine through Hermes' cIOS? If so maybe you can just use that for most games and then just use IOS249 with rev13a for the ones like ghostbusters.

Ah, I got ya, thanks. There's no way to install Waninkoko's installers to anything other than IOS249? Why is that?
I wasn't able to get IOS222 or IOS223 to boot any games at all. It may be because of the confusing install process where, first off, I don't even know why there's both IOS222 and IOS223 or what the difference is, plus it asks me all sorts of questions like merging IOS36 with IOS37 or something else that confuses the heck outta me. So maybe I'm doing something wrong there?

Hammyface

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody? I have determined I will use cIOS 222 or 223 (I'd still like to know what the difference is please) but I still don't know what to merge with what when installing.

Also, does putting the error 002 fix and anti 002 fix ON at the same time for all games in USB Loader GX break any games? Or can it only do good?

I will probably just use rev13a for Rock Band/Guitar Hero since that supports the devices and Ghostbusters.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You have the wrong idea about a lot of things, I will only tell you to read more stop installing ioses and stsart reading the software you are using beofer you break something, and it would seve you right for not knowing anything about it before doing it

HAPPY BRICKING

Hammyface

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've failed to realize I've been googling for a damn day and a half and can't find a single place to help me determine what the hell the difference is between Hermes cIOS222 and cIOS223 nor why or why not I would choose different "merges" when installing it.

Isn't that what this forum is for? I've done enough research to get my Wii running games from USB so don't act like a complete jerkoff and wish my console bricks when I ask a question you might know the answer to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol