Hacking Can I have hidden games that my children can't get to?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a bit ridiculous but it would work. If you install over 300 titles (you could easily do this if you install a bunch of NES VC titles and injects or whatever which would also not take up too much space), titles start to disappear (I honestly can't recall if its the games you installed first or last that disappear), but this just means they're not on your home menu, they are still in your 3DS and you could then launch those titles by launching the FBI, going to the titles option, waiting for the game to pop up there and select and launch it.

Reactions: Quantumcat

hotaru251

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
couldn't you make a fodler and move it to the veeeeerrryyyyy far end of ur list?

unless they zoom way out they'd never even know it was there.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Depending on how Much effort your willing to put in (although the idea of emunand is probably sufficient enough) you could also repack the CIA enable the "hidden" flag so then it would only be launchable by looking for the specific title within another launcher such as FBI etc

Reactions: Quantumcat

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
This is a bit ridiculous but it would work. If you install over 300 titles (you could easily do this if you install a bunch of NES VC titles and injects or whatever which would also not take up too much space), titles start to disappear (I honestly can't recall if its the games you installed first or last that disappear), but this just means they're not on your home menu, they are still in your 3DS and you could then launch those titles by launching the FBI, going to the titles option, waiting for the game to pop up there and select and launch it.
No. This would cause unnecessary HOME Menu clutter. Like I said earlier, best bet is Parental Controls, as it's easier and causes less HOME Menu clutter.

Last edited by PrincessLillie,
D

Deleted User

And also I think you van set a lock for the emunand, so even if he tries to launch the emunand by mistake it needs some code or something... parental controll is shit as lots of games get wrong rating (thats what I think at least, and I am not the only one) and you may want to play "kids" games that are rated low enough and not want your kid to play and ruin your save or think its inapropriate for him

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. This would cause unnecessary HOME Menu clutter. Like I said earlier, best bet is Parental Controls, as it's easier and causes less HOME Menu clutter.

LOL, "No." Coming not from the OP, my solution would work, it may not be what you envisioned or the easiest way to go about it, but its would accomplish what he's looking for better than what you're suggesting actually, as OP doesn't even want the games in question to be visible, parental controls can't make the games straight up not appear like my solution does. And the home menu could still look pretty dang clean with just a few folders. I mean I have a ton of titles installed, yet my home menu looks dang clean thanks to my use of organizing with folders.

Take a look, I have nearly 300 titles on my 3DS and this is my home menu:

cY9PGJY.jpg

There is a single row of 3 titles that you can see the sides of to the left and right of the main group of 15 that you see here. My home menu doesn't look or feel cluttered to me at all.

Last edited by duffmmann,

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LOL, "No." Coming not from the OP, my solution would work, it may not be what you envisioned or the easiest way to go about it, but its would accomplish what he's looking for better than what you're suggesting actually, as OP doesn't even want the games in question to be visible, parental controls can't make the games straight up not appear like my solution does. And the home menu could still look pretty dang clean with just a few folders. I mean I have a ton of titles installed, yet my home menu looks dang clean thanks to my use of organizing with folders.

Take a look, I have nearly 300 titles on my 3DS and this is my home menu:

cY9PGJY.jpg

There is a single row of 3 titles that you can see the sides of to the left and right of the main group of 15 that you see here. My home menu doesn't look or feel cluttered to me at all.
how did you add the images to the folders?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how did you add the images to the folders?

You can place badges you have onto folders by hitting the home settings button (upper left), then the decorate with badges button, then hit the upper right button (picture of a circle with a wrench on it), and then hit the option to attach badge to folder. From there you can place any badge you have onto folders like I've done.

(Fun fact, while badges do count toward the 300 title limit, multiple of the same badges placed on the screen or folders don't count as more than one title being placed, hence why I used the same 3DS badge twice, if I tried at the time to use a different badge for the second folder I go over the 300 title limit and it won't let me place it.)

Last edited by duffmmann,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)