Can I fix this?

JoshuaWiiFinatic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So basically I bought another Wii (since I sold my last one) and decided to homebrew it (I had no idea what this meant) After a few YouTube videos later I installed bootmii as an ios so I wouldn't brick my wii but I forgot to make a nand backup. I installed D2x cios and when I reloaded my wii a flashing screen appeared and a system message "the Wii system files are corrupted please refer to the Wii manual"I tried to use a friend's nand but no success. Has anyone else encountered this?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So basically I bought another Wii (since I sold my last one) and decided to homebrew it (I had no idea what this meant) After a few YouTube videos later I installed bootmii as an ios so I wouldn't brick my wii but I forgot to make a nand backup. I installed D2x cios and when I reloaded my wii a flashing screen appeared and a system message "the Wii system files are corrupted please refer to the Wii manual"I tried to use a friend's nand but no success. Has anyone else encountered this?
Random videos? That doesn't sound too good.
Please provide more information:
  • What video(s)? Please link
  • Describe the current state. Do you have access to Priiloader by holding (Reset) on power on
  • What about BootMii in boot2? That is actual protection against software bricking
:!: Never even try to restore a backup image from a different Wii :!: Full brick 100% guaranteed.

Reactions: r1vver and CoolMe

joshuaWiiFinaticalt

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi sorry im replying from an alt, the videos i used were probably outdated but for bootmii it was D2x cios i know that i was stupid trying to recover with a friends nand but i stopped it just in time i think. i do have access to bootmii but for some reason some of the sprites are missing (the title letters etc) i can boot bootmii tho. and unfortunately my wii cant put bootmii as boot2 mine was made later.
Post automatically merged:

WAIT! i found an sd with a nand in my house, should i try to recover? i dont know if its my wiis nand but i did return my friends, should i try?

JoshuaWiiFinatic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Random videos? That doesn't sound too good.
Please provide more information:
  • What video(s)? Please link
  • Describe the current state. Do you have access to Priiloader by holding (Reset) on power on
  • What about BootMii in boot2? That is actual protection against software bricking
:!: Never even try to restore a backup image from a different Wii :!: Full brick 100% guaranteed.
Didn't mean to reply to this
Sorry

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Yeah