Hacking Can Daybreak brick the console if I use Emunand/Emummc?

loles243

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
My console is banned. The stock version has no magic, and was left on firmware version 9. The part that has magic is on version 11 and I always updated with "Choidujour".

I currently want to update to a current version, but now they use "Daybreak", won't this brick my console? (I understand that "Daybreak" burns eFuses and the stock version of the console is banned, without magic and on version 9)

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No, Daybreak doesn't burn any fuses and why would it brick your emunand?

The only thing that burn fuses are to boot ofw without Atmosphere or Hekate. That's what burns fuses.

Reactions: loles243

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it won't brick, daybreak uses the same method to update as pressing the update button in settings.

As Linux ares said daybreak doesn't burn efuses. Booting up without going into hekate or atmosphere (fusee.bin/fusee-primary.bin) burns efuses.

Also worrying bout efuses is more or less pointless now a days. The only thing you do by saving them is give yourself a headache and allow you to downgrade your sysnand. The only reason I can think of to still save is to hopefully get a coldboot exploit, but it seems very unlikely

loles243

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
No, Daybreak doesn't burn any fuses and why would it brick your emunand?

The only thing that burn fuses are to boot ofw without Atmosphere or Hekate. That's what burns fuses.
Does it mean that on my emuMMC I can update everything I want, without the stock version being blocked because it is in a lower version?

loles243

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
No it won't brick, daybreak uses the same method to update as pressing the update button in settings.

As Linux ares said daybreak doesn't burn efuses. Booting up without going into hekate or atmosphere (fusee.bin/fusee-primary.bin) burns efuses.

Also worrying bout efuses is more or less pointless now a days. The only thing you do by saving them is give yourself a headache and allow you to downgrade your sysnand. The only reason I can think of to still save is to hopefully get a coldboot exploit, but it seems very unlikely
I enter the stock version by turning off the console, and turning it on without using the "JIG". That part is in version 9 and since the console is banned it is not even updated.

I just have a doubt what will happen if I update the firmware on the EmuMMC, and one day by accident, I run the stock version. (In my head it was something like: "We'll run version 9, but you burned eFuses in EmuMMC, so I'll proceed to brick myself)

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you know that even if your Switch is banned, you can still update the official way through System Update. And if you are already banned, no reason to have a EmuNand/EmuMMC at all.

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: loles243

loles243

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Did you know that even if your Switch is banned, you can still update the official way through System Update. And if you are already banned, no reason to have a EmuNand/EmuMMC at all.
How true is this? I remember trying and it couldn't be done, so I assumed the ban restricted even that option. Anyway, it's been like this for years and nothing has ever been updated or loaded. Currently I only get error 2123-0011. In any case, I'm not going to risk trying it again, but if I would like to know more information about it, I didn't read anywhere that a switch with a 100% ban could update its OFW.

And I haven't removed the emuMMC because I don't know how. I guess I have to format and redo the magic again

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't entirely true. If your console is CDN-banned, you cannot update even through system settings. Only normally banned consoles can update online because Nintendo reconfigured CDN access on the Switch at some point.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone