GCN Can anyone help me change textures in a Twilight Princess GC ISO?

LoganK93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so like the title says I would like (if possible) to replace the textures in the actual ISO of Twilight Princess for use with Nintendont on the Wii U. I know texture hacking is possible with dolphin but since my laptop is older than my current vehicle (which is from 2010) that isn't really an option for me. I have done some Brawl texture and model hacking as well as Mario Kart and Skyward Sword but it was a while ago and I can't seem to get into the relavent files in Twilight Princess. Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

LoganK93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No no, I know I can't upscale the textures and play on the regular console, I just want to be able to do some texture editing withing the original hardwares restraints. Think like when Brawl hacking first began and all you could do was change colors and apply a "skin" as it were, without increasing the original texture quality. i.e. give Link a red tunic rather than green by editing the existing textures and repacking them into the iso. I had SZS tools and a few other things from when I dabbled in some Mario Kart Wii and Skyward Sword modding, but I think the package type is different for TP and therefore I can't actually get to the textures/repack them.

LoganK93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have managed to get a custom texture working in game (changed a howling stone blue as a test) and even got part of zora Links armor to change without affecting the game negatively, but editing map textures seems to be where I start to encounter some issues. The main model for Ordon Village seems to have some problem with offsets becoming jumbled, either due to the replacement moving too many files around or possibly something with materials. I know no one will see this, but I had gotten a shove in the right direction on GCForever, and would like to know if anyone knows what more I could try to get the textures working on map files.

Once the textures are replaced, it seems to rearrange where they are stored, i.e. what used to be wooden board textures turn into the pink roof texture with some unwanted stretching, where as replacing the first texture in the list in the model (the grass that covers most of it) seems to render the entire model broken. I don't have all the know how to go digging in hex (and at least know what I am looking for) so if anyone could give me at least one more push in the right direction it would be appreciated.

LoganK93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already been using those but thank you. The problem is less knowing how to get the files in or out of the game/arcs/bmd's and more why it breaks the larger map models and not the smaller object models (items, characters, and other interactable objects in the game). As stated aboveI was able to succesfully load some of those types of models with new textures, but even though the map files seem to be the same, something breaks the texture order and leaves me with misplaced textures on the model or a broken map that no longer loads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok