YeeHaH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi all. this is weird but i sent my sons ds to nintendo to fix as is wouldnt charge anymore. they fix it and say it needed a new fuse. ok so i get it back and am happy to see it now charges the battery again. But when try my g6 or m3real no games run they load and then i get just black screens. All of my original game carts run fine. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
YeeHaH said:
hi all. this is weird but i sent my sons ds to nintendo to fix as is wouldnt charge anymore. they fix it and say it needed a new fuse. ok so i get it back and am happy to see it now charges the battery again. But when try my g6 or m3real no games run they load and then i get just black screens. All of my original game carts run fine. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Backup everything on your cards.

Format the memory card and put everything back on.

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow thats a tuff one. I would try 1:Backing up the info on the card 2: Reinstall firmware 3: Then putting your backed up info on the card minus the old firmware.
Hope it helps...

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
budrow66 said:
Wow thats a tuff one. I would try 1:Backing up the info on the card 2: Reinstall firmware 3: Then putting your backed up info on the card minus the old firmware.
Hope it helps...

Echo?

QUOTEBackup everything on your cards.

YeeHaH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nah its the same ole ds with mario sticker on the front. i thought maybe they upgraded firmware to stop flash carts from working. im thinking of flashing the ds but would rather not as i havnt done this before and not even sure if it will help.

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JKR Firefox said:
budrow66 said:
Hope it helps...

Echo?

QUOTEBackup everything on your cards.

Reinstall firmware not just stick it back on ther from backup
It worked when my M3 wouldn't work on my wifes DS.

YeeHaH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well thats something i havent tried yet sakura that is. will try it now.
Thankyou everyone for your feedback it is most appreciated. hopefully i will get it back in action soon

YeeHaH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
unfortunately sakura didnt help. rom loads then screens stay black
frown.gif

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Could be problem with the contacts, try the paper/tape trick (stick some paper on the side of the card opposite the contacts). Doubt they made a firmware that makes flashcarts useless or we'd already have caught wind of it.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried the trick with pulling the cart out while in PictoChat, see if it gives a different colour then any previously mentioned. With Ninty having a hard-on for flashcarts at the moment it's possible they've worked on a new bios to combat them.

Blackout

Trophies
Website
geekllife.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Pulled from the GameSpot forums. See if it matches any of them

"There are indeed slightly different firmwares. When you remove a cart while in Pictochat, a color will appear on your screen. This shows when your DS was made, and it's model.

* v1: Pictochat freezes/no colour appears
* v2: two grayish blue screens
* v3: two dark green screens
* v4: two golden yellow screens
* v5: two magenta screens (DS lite units have this)
* v6: two dark blue screens (The newest DSes have this)
* iQue: two dark green screens (This is the Chinese DS)"

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
This is just a shot in the dark, but maybe try FatD's soft-flash method.

QUOTE said:
Configure all settings not done on initial startup (GBA screen, Auto-boot (MUST BE ON), region etc.), remove the battery for about 15 seconds (10-20) to clear volatile data, go through initial setup. When it prompts you to press A to turn it off, use the power switch instead. Insert your flashcard.
you will lose access to pictochat and download play until you complete initial setup (undoing this softmod), though. The process is fully reversible by booting into the firmware menu and redoing the settings.

It might get your cards to boot

YeeHaH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well my screens go magenta when i pull out the cart during pictochat. I tried FatD's soft flash method and that didnt work either. game still loads up then 2 black screens.

i think i will have to change the firmware....

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Erm... have you tried the paper trick I suggested yet? It's possible that when they repaired your DS and put it back together the contact pins in the DS shifted a little from where they were before, so it's not touching the flashcarts' contacts properly. Commercial game carts are built better so they are more likely to touch the contacts. That might be why your commercial games work but flashcarts don't.

Since your screen flash magenta, doesn't that mean it's the old firmware? That means it shouldn't be a problem with the firmware and it's probably not necessary to flash it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, thx