Nyap

HTML Noob
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
UK
I'd like something modern which supports UEFI. If that's not possible, then I might as well keep my current mobo because theres no point switching

Nyap

HTML Noob
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Judging by the information given, you have a Q6400 hence what you need is a LGA 775 motherboard.
http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157499

Your best bet. Fin.
does that mobo have an ugly boot up screen sort of like this:
biossplash.jpg

btw I actually have a Q6700

Last edited by Nyap,

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well I can't guarantee the mobo's boot up to be as clunky as the one you showed above, it's definitely gonna be better. Are you sure? a Q6700 clocks around 2.66Ghz and you mentioned 2.13Ghz in the first post. The only member of the Core2Quad family rocking that was the Q6400 afaik.

Nyap

HTML Noob
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well I was looking for a mobo that doesn't have that screen at all and yes I'm pretty sure its a Q6700
maybe it got underclocked at some point? idk

so I guess I'm screwed and have to get a newer cpu if I want a no boot up computer brand logo thingy motherboard

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I am fairly confident that no motherboard would feature both DDR2 compatibility and UEFI. I don't have the dates to hand, but I think UEFI only started becoming commonplace with SandyBridge CPUs (2nd Gen Intel core series). This means that if you want to use UEFI, you will be forced to replace your CPU and RAM at the same time.

The thing I want to know is why you want UEFI in the first place. I'm pretty sure there were some older motherboards that had a "quick-boot" or "quiet-boot" feature somewhere in the BIOS that would give you what you want.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GT630 isn't ancient. And the Q6700 has fight. Beats the laptop i3 anyday.
Its 4 generations old now, it is ancient as far as computing goes, it was already a low end card to begin with so it did not age well past htpc use.
Even low end i3 dual cores destroy the Q6700, its almost a 10 year old cpu now and just cant compete with the ipc and better overall efficiency and core performance of the i3's.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies