Hacking Can´t decide...

LiquidShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
...between updating and playing without care or staying on 5.32

I Actually bought Splatoon yesterday knowing that I had to decide between keeping playing it or using the exploit. I was fine with tasting the game for maybe a week...This morning my plans were destroyed by the Update. I have since then spend some time thinking if and why I should exploit...

I love hacking stuff but with the wii u I am not even sure what homebrew I could like. There are enough systems with emulators out there so that doesnt count. A region unlock would be cool though.
What homebrew projects are running or are planned for now? I am not even sure if I want backups on the Wii U. There arent that many games that interest me for now and I buy games I like no matter if I can play them "for free". So backups would actually be backups in my case. Thus I will also get the next Zelda game for example and it will kill me if I cant play it by then because I would need to update but updating would mean losing everything I suffered for.

I am actually even thinking about getting a second wii u.

help me...

please...

Reactions: thorasgar

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt they patched the exploit. It's not even released yet

Most likely the devs will have to port the exploit to 5.3.4

Once the exploit is released then it will be patched by Nintendo (we will probably rely on emunand then)

ronopotomus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Play Splatoon. The game is fun and that's what gaming is supposed to be. I love the hack for the homebrew but I love the games. As far as our home is concerned it wasn't until Mario Kart 8 that the Wii U was even worth having. MK8, Super Smash and now Splatoon has made it the most played console in the house. Enjoy your game.

Reactions: thorasgar

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just keep low bidding on eBay for a console only Wii U. I finally got one for $101 with cables delivered and came with WW HD. I just keep it offline and play Mk8 and smash with a WUPC or GCC in my bedroom. Resyncing the gamepad is a pain but it's not like you need to do it often.

D

Deleted User

I am definitely updating my console. Splatoon is probably the best game ever made by Nintendo for the Wii U imo.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If backups really mean backups (as in...'I actually have the retail game'), then there's no reason not to update. As far as I can read in the hacking thread, some bugs (all? a few? no idea) got squished, so exploiting may be a bit harder in the future. However: vwii remains untouched (for now), and any homebrew utilising the gamepad or the wiiu's extra horsepower is little more than an idea at this point. It may take another year before we'll see the first etch-a-sketch homebrew being released to the public*.

*note that this is a rough estimation and very speculative. It could be released next week for all I know. It's just a bit unlikely, IMO.

stsaerox

As old as the NES
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I doubt they patched the exploit. It's not even released yet

Most likely the devs will have to port the exploit to 5.3.4

Once the exploit is released then it will be patched by Nintendo (we will probably rely on emunand then)

I've read that browser bugs doesn't work on 5.4. The kernel exploit yes but maybe this is not enough

D

Deleted User

One of these links seems to block Splatoon online play: (It prevents the weird thing where they are showing the new stages available to play in regular and ranked battles which seems to block online play)
  • nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
So my question: Does any one know which one is blocking that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-