Call of Duty moves to 3 year development cycle

Inuuto

Enigmatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Misleading..Its not going to stop [sad] people from buying the same thing every year. When people finally wake up and realize what they're really spending their money on, then we'll get a "3 year development" cycle.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Normally, '3 studios, 3 year dev cycle = more polish/likely better games....

But add either 'Activision' or 'Call of Duty' to the sentence and it becomes '3 studios, 3 year dev cycle = MOAR DLC!!1!' ;)

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
2014 - Treyarch
2015 - Sledge
2016 - IW

In the past:

2011 - IW
2012 - Treyarch
2013 - IW
Rinse and repeat

Changes? Yes, we will have another shitty version of the game developed by another shitty studio!

OMG you seem to be the only one that ACTUALLY TOOK THE TIME TO READ THE TOPIC!!!

Hahahaha, it's not ONE COD 3 in 3 years... people seem to have some problem understanding what Activision said.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Normally a game in development for 3 years is a good sign but it's Call of Duty so it's probably just going to be recycled stuff thrown in at the last minute without any effort.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean it'll get the Gahars treatment by the end of 2014. I was hoping to say something interesting, but I just don't care about this series. And the fact that they're cycling through 3 different companies to release the next new game is just... lame. How long is this franchise going to last? Not even Mario has yearly releases on the Nintendo. Then again, that doesn't have just a few weapon tweaks.
When I read the title I was like 'YES FINALLY NO MORE YEARLY COD RELEASE!!!'

Now I am like 'no shit has changed'.

One of the most overhyped franchises I guess, together with a few others.

You said it. I wonder how gamers would feel if a new game was released every 3 years? You think there'd be mass suicides by heartbroken 15 year olds who have no reason to live? (What I'm trying to ask is how much would the industry would go under.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-