Homebrew RELEASE C&C - Vanilla Conquer

capsterx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Infact on closer inspection it affects our 64bit builds as well, so we'll be fixing it one way or another ourselves in near future. Also, @capsterx why are you using the RA2 image as your RA icon? Do you not like our lovingly crafted svg icons under resources?

I did not see the graphics, but I will update to them! Thanks. Yea my plan was to just swap out to minilzo. Im also highly surprised how many things gcc allows that clang does not, took me a while to get it building. Valgrind crashed on both a clang or gcc build on linux64 which shocked me, it's usually pretty good at detecting heap/stack corruption.

capsterx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not see the graphics, but I will update to them! Thanks. Yea my plan was to just swap out to minilzo. Im also highly surprised how many things gcc allows that clang does not, took me a while to get it building. Valgrind crashed on both a clang or gcc build on linux64 which shocked me, it's usually pretty good at detecting heap/stack corruption.

I can confirm using minilzo on linux64 fixes the issue. I'm assuming it will also work on arm64 as well.

OmniBlade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your efforts diagnosing this, its a big help with our cleanup effort. There are loads of bits we are finding in the codebase where we are scratching our heads wondering how it every worked :D I was being a bit tongue in cheek regarding the icons, they are there to use, but you aren't under any obligation ;)

Reactions: Deleted User

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thanks for your efforts diagnosing this, its a big help with our cleanup effort. There are loads of bits we are finding in the codebase where we are scratching our heads wondering how it every worked :D I was being a bit tongue in cheek regarding the icons, they are there to use, but you aren't under any obligation ;)
Where are the icons I’m interested in it for my forwarder :D

OmniBlade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RyuSeisuke1992 No, this is the classic game using the freeware release assets. Its the same game minus a few QOL changes like the unit queuing which isn't handled in the open source code that was released for the game logic dll files. The dll's are slightly modified versions of the original games code with a few bits missing. Vanilla Conquer restores these bits with reverse engineered equivalents.

Reactions: Deleted User

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Last edited by cucholix,

capsterx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested new r4 and it fixes the freeze when multiple explosions occured, also fixed the airplanes sprites not showing when they were on the ground, also the "h" "home" button is working now.

But can't seem to make save works, the loading screen keep displaying "Error to load game!".

So no saves load? Or you cannot save? If the former, please send me a save file. Thx

capsterx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested new r4 and it fixes the freeze when multiple explosions occured, also fixed the airplanes sprites not showing when they were on the ground, also the "h" "home" button is working now.

But can't seem to make save works, the loading screen keep displaying "Error to load game!".

DId you try to save a new save or just load an old save? The merge with upstream changes the compression of the save files which makes them incompatible.

Roman_Raida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hello Capsterx, thank you for an update and for the whole game on NSW. Crashes when shooting to barrels in C&C Red Alert are no longer happening... But saves are still bugged. When I save in classic C&C and load, everything works, but when I close the game, open again and load save, game crashes... In Red Alert it won't crash, but writes "Error loading game". Thank you for fix. Roman

capsterx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm something is wonky. The SHA digest between saving/loading does not compare. If I comment out the check it will load, but that does not seem the right way to do it...Oddly it does not seem to be any code that was changed recently.

Reactions: cucholix

capsterx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have figured out a workaround, but I cannot figure out why one works and one doesnt as they seem to be virtually identical code paths and they work on mac and linux. I dont see anything that would break arm, but I duno.

Reactions: cucholix

capsterx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just PR'd a no-cd solution upstream @capsterx which should save people having to mess around with merging mix files. The PR is yet to be accepted and merged, but just a heads up.

I saw that. I did a quick version for the switch release, but I'll likely merge that in the future and undo mine. I think yours does it based on directory name, I look for a file called CD_LABEL in the directory and read it's contents.

Right now Im still trying to figure out why shapipe and shastraw end up with different results. The only difference is the pipe is almost exclusively partial blocks (due to how it's used) where as the straw are full blocks until the end, but the code looks fine for how partials are done and works in linux and osx.

OmniBlade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What arm mode does the switch use? Little endian? Other than that I can't really think of anything else that might throw it off off the top of my head.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But your farts no longer make a sound +1