Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a fantastic system in my honest opinion; it feels modern, and has that NVidia touch that is hard to describe, a lot like the K1 Shield, very sleek OS and highly responsive. I recommend it personally :P

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait until a game comes out that you want. Maybe you'll be able to buy a bundle later on that comes with it.

There's no reason to buy a console if you don't like any of the games available.

When you want to buy the console for the games, that's when you will be most happy purchasing it.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get it if you can afford it, I haven't felt this way about a Nintendo console since the SNES days...yes I'm that old and yes I got the SNES just a month after launch and yes I owned a Wii at launch.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably the latest (2.2.0)
Thanks for the response, but I am looking for confirmation here, not guess.

Firmware update for new batch often month behind, if any of previous Nintendo consoles trend is still relevant. The 2.2.0 Update is less than a month so...

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response, but I am looking for confirmation here, not guess.

Firmware update for new batch often month behind, if any of previous Nintendo consoles trend is still relevant. The 2.2.0 Update is less than a month so...
well i have no way to confirm cuz im not going to buy another. It will either come on the latest or oldest and to update to even use your msd cards and access online it will go to the latest firmware. the only way to get one on like 2.0 or 2.1 are used.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i have no way to confirm cuz im not going to buy another. It will either come on the latest or oldest and to update to even use your msd cards and access online it will go to the latest firmware. the only way to get one on like 2.0 or 2.1 are used.
I am not criticizing you. My apology if I happen to make wrong to you.

I meant I am waiting for anyone who buy a Switch in this new batch to confirm.

There is old batch Switch on my local Craigslist for pretty much retail price. So there is choice if I am forced to buy one now to get old firmware. Just looking at option. It's better to buy from retail store so I can have warranty.

Last edited by tivu100,
Reactions: McWhiters9511

redmagejosh

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I have bought 2, one for me and one for my wife. No regrets. She has been playing BotW on it since day 1. Mine I just bought recently as I want to play Disgaea 5 Complete once it releases later this month and ultimately, main reason why I bought one for each one, is cause we love Splatoon and want to play online once the new one launches.

I like the idea of supporting this console as Nintendo seems to finally have nailed it for this gen. Not necessary the most powerful console in the market but it works for those, like me, who spends lots of time out of home but also want to be able to play on a tv on a weekend.

I truly hope it kicks-off just as fine as it has been going and start getting lots of 3rd party games by next year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k