Hacking Buying a Gateway... couple of questions

Sandvich1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1) What are the current limitations of the software?

2) Version 4.5 or under is required. Does this include 4.5.0-10E? (as I understand the 10E is just region, but thought I'd double check).

3) Any games currently not running? Will this flashcard be good for the foreseeable future, or is there some way it could be 'blocked out' on future releases?

and finally

4) As I understand I can only store one game per SD card. Just to clarify, this means if I want to play a different game, I need to replace the current game on my SD card - will this lose the save file? Or can I back it up/leave it on the SD card for when I place my other game back on it?

elcravo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

2) Version 4.5 or under is required. Does this include 4.5.0-10E? (as I understand the 10E is just region, but thought I'd double check).

3) Any games currently not running? Will this flashcard be good for the foreseeable future, or is there some way it could be 'blocked out' on future releases?

and finally

4) As I understand I can only store one game per SD card. Just to clarify, this means if I want to play a different game, I need to replace the current game on my SD card - will this lose the save file? Or can I back it up/leave it on the SD card for when I place my other game back on it?

1) All yo can do is play roms on the Gateway. One rom per micro sd, no homebrew, no playing online

2) Your firmware should be ok but I'm not 100% sure so wait for someone other to reply :)

3) Animal Crossing isn't working because it uses a custom nand save system which isn't supported by the gateway. Monster Hunter isn't playable because of anti piracy measures.

4) You can only have one rom per micro sd but as far as i know you keep your saves.

I hope this helps

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

and finally

1) Same as the dude above.
2) Yes, it will work.
3) Same as the dude above. There may be more games that don't work, but not every game has already been dumped.
4) Yes, you will either have to replace the game on your uSD card, or just replace the uSD card itself. I recommend having at least two. And no, you won't lose the save. While the ROMs go on the uSD, the saves go on the SD, meaning you'll be fine, so long as you properly exit the game (by hitting home then closing the software).

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

elcravo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't listen to them, they're obviously from that site. And you shouldn't order from China, anyway.

^This. mk2ad has one post in which he or she advertises a chinese flashcard site. not very trustworthy...

Sandvich1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info guys. But while I'm here, one last question: you said some games aren't working atm, are they permanently incompatible with the Gateway, or are we just awaiting cracks? Particularly Monster Hunter.

elcravo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No one knows at this point. Maybe the Gateway team will find a way around those anti-piracy meassures, maybe not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1