Bullet Ball - a couch multiplayer game I made on Pico-8

_Snow_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I decided to share this here, as I want people to try it out. It's a 2 or 4 player game made in Pico-8. There was no room in the coding limit to add AI. So unfortunately in order to enjoy it, you need a buddy or 3. It started out as a silly idea and I just kept going with it. I'm a huge fan of very early arcade games like Pac Man, Joust, Mario Bros, DK, etc, so I wanted to make something minimalistic and basic with the same fast action and fun. It's not very popular on the Lexaloffle site at all.. so maybe it sucks. :P https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=41585

Here's a gameplay gif. For whatever reason, when my friend and I were testing, we would sometimes forget to use our weapons haha. Oh well.

24_20_Bullet Ball Gameplay.gif

2 USB controllers will work. You might need Joy2Key to remap buttons. I did actually manage to test a NES 4score with 4 NES dpads through a NES2USB connector and the game picked up all 4 controllers. So 4 USB controllers may work, but I cannot guarantee.

The game comes with 11 maps, but you can edit your own quite quickly. Once it's saved, it becomes the first map in your map select screen:

bullet ball map editor short big.gif

Last edited by _Snow_,

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: someone is saying ultimate nes remix didn't had less games, it makes my brain hurts