bug in Windows 10: Back button not working on Google chrome, Firefox and windows Explorer (mean Windows Explorer not internet explorer)

PriMieon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have got this utterly annoying bug in windows 10 in which the back button won't work in several applications like firefox, Google chrome, explorer

When pressing the back key I get redirected to the previous page for about 0.1 seconds and after that the page I just came from loads up rendering the back button useless.
I have reset my SSD in which windows 10 is located (I let windows delete my personal files just to make sure).
I went through the windows setup progress and redownloaded the following:
Battle.net
Steam
WinRAR
Handbrake
MakeMKV
Chrome
Rosetta Stone
Libre office
VLC

I still have this bug. Restarting the PC works but the bug reappears after 15 minutes.
Restarting the PC every 15 is pretty lame but I really want a back button.
Back button does work in steam however!!

Does anyone have a idea?

Solution
have you tried a different keyboard ?
if you reinstalled your OS and the bug is still occurring, then it's probably a hardware issue, right?

PriMieon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey Costello^^
Good seeing you, I use to see you all the time but I have been absence from gbatemp for a while and just recently noticed again how much I appreciated this site.

The bug has not reoccurred since (That is a good thing :P) but if it does I will try it out and let you know

PriMieon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The bug reoccurred and unfortunately I do not have a different Keyboard to test but I unplugged it and it stopped. when re plugging it into the computer it then automatically advanced to the next page again.
Thanks

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...what keyboard is this? Try typing something then using the back key and see if something weird happens. Like type some gibberish, place the curser in the middle of the gibberish, then hit back once. Does it add gibberish? do the curser move?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Heheh