Hardware Broken o3DS wifi antenna, gonna get New 3DS XL soon

UnDeaD_AmP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my Wifi Antenna cable completely ripped somehow from the head of the antenna, and the A button requires alot of pressure to activate now, even with some button cleanings. Therefore, I will be getting a New 3DS XL to replace my current broken one. I know I need wifi to complete my 3DS transfer, so if I simply plug the new antenna to the wifi board, will the wifi still function enough to complete a transfer? I would like to not open the 3ds any further to just take the old one out.

If im correct the wifi antenna include a board soldered on the end, which is powered by the Wifi board itself on the 3DS's motherboard.

Someone please help. Thanks. Ordered another antenna anyway.

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
even without antenna it should work good enough as long as you keep it close to the other 3ds or access point, to whatever it communicates to. Signal strength would degrade very quickly, but even without antenna attached, it does work even though to a highly reduced range.

forgot to plug in my laptop antennae once or twice.

UnDeaD_AmP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even without antenna it should work good enough as long as you keep it close to the other 3ds or access point, to whatever it communicates to. Signal strength would degrade very quickly, but even without antenna attached, it does work even though to a highly reduced range.

forgot to plug in my laptop antennae once or twice.

Hm... thanks for the tip, will try this. So without the antenna, as long as i have the wifi card, it should work very close to the router?

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, petty much. range suffers greatly but it still works enough to get some internet, or just connect another antennae if you want to be sure, or just the cable as it still gets some signal probably.

give it a try.

UnDeaD_AmP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, petty much. range suffers greatly but it still works enough to get some internet, or just connect another antennae if you want to be sure, or just the cable as it still gets some signal probably.

give it a try.

Kinda crazy idea but would a DSi antenna work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021