Gaming Broken DS Lite - Advice/Opinons/ Bent Pins

Deftoner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello all! having some issues with a DS Lite I bought from amazon. to begin with it had been tampered with badly, I mean, screws were missing, I open it up to see the mic was unplugged and tucked beneath the motherboard, the internal wifi antenna was broken, the upper touch screen was terribly scratched. it pretty much had a hole it it - all that aside, it worked great, so I decided to replace the touchscreen cover.. $5 and a few hours later..

well, this being my first DS, I accidentally damaged the bottom touch screens ribbon cable. okay, no biggie, I go and order a replacement on amazon .. well, I notice when I looked again at the motherboard, that on the small black ribbon retaining flap there is 1 pin that is slightly bent/crooked. you really have to squint to tell.. its not too bad, but there's a definite difference... & it was my doing. I did it, it wasnt this way before - my replacement screen hasnt arrived yet, so there's no way to test to see if it'll have any effect... what do you guys think? I was told that as long as it still makes the connection it should be fine.. I don't know. give me tips & advice? I've been stalking this forum for weeks, y'all are extremely knowledgeable & helpful!

(I'd include a picture but my camera just makes it too blurry to see anything)

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you like fixing it/spending time on it, I would just get one on eBay, they're normally around $25-30. You'd spend nearly that much in parts (& twice as much in effort) fixing the one you currently have.

Welcome to the forum!

Deftoner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the welcome :) !
well, I have all the parts I need as it stands, except for the wifi antennae and (potentially) the black ribbon retaining flap IF the pin is gonna cause me a problem... my main concern is, do you think a slightly bent pin has put the poor lil ds to ruin? :( because you're right, I'm not gonna bother replacing the flap if its not working anymore.. I'll get another DS before having to solder that on lol

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait for the new screen to come in and give it a shot. You're not likely to damage anything further, I would think. If not, take maybe a sewing needle and under a magnifying glass try to coerce it back the other way, make it a little straighter. Pain in the ass sure but I'd like to believe you could fix it.

GloversFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much did it cost you ? you should have contacted the seller and arrange a return / refund straight away,
Not sure how amazon works but you could probably open a dispute still and get a partial refund with would get a couple of dollar back on the parts you've brought.

These on eBay where i'm waiting to get a gold Zelda ds lite from sell refurbished ds lite consoles with 2 games for £16 gbp
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281328747181#ht_2362wt_1257
So i'm fairly sure if you look on eBay com there will be sellers over there banging them out for the same sort of price.

Deftoner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tips, Sicklyboy! :D I'll try it if it doesn't boot up properly once the new screen gets here.. I hadnt thought of that with the sewing needle!

D4nny26 - yeah I contacted the seller because prior to me looking at the motherboard, I knew the mic was 100% dead. I didnt know it was just unplugged lol.. I thought to myself though after finding an external mic for sale "Eh I dont feel like sending it back. I'll just use an external mic & replace the touchscreen, presto!" & you can see how that thought, got me here lmao. now its too late to return because I've already gone through a bunch of stuff with the seller

congrats on your gold ds lite!! I've seen those & they're awesome!! :)

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The NDSL does boot up without the digitizer connected, what you should do instead is a calibration.
I you pass the touchscreen calibration then you shouldn't worry otherwise you maybe should spend some money on a soldering iron.

Which one of the pins did you bend?
Ef0jvLW.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021