Hacking Bricked. Trying to install Dark Wii System Theme.

snakeslash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long story short, I was brawl hacking and doing some crazy shit a late nite, and I saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uQk5eSHgk8
I wanted to install it, so I downloaded MyMenuify and installed the exact theme in that youtube video. Once installed my Wii froze going back to the menu.
I turned my wii on to a picture that said "Dark Wii, Press A to continue" I did, nothing happend.

My Wii was 3.2(U) with D2CKey, I had a few IOS installed cause I was playing Sonic and the Black Knight, and Punch out without updating... I ended up finding the Wii Repair disc used SavemiiFrii to boot it ... I used it... uninstalled all the WADS and rebooted my machine. Next thing I knew I had complete black screens.........

I could still use SavemiiFrii to open the repair disk... but now I cannot...... for some reason its like it just gave up. I have tried alot of boot disc and nothing is working..... I can still get to the savemiifrii screen but nothing else is happening. I have starfall installed is this blocking my updates?

Anyway I am stuck... and I am ready to give up......... what can I do?

Also I have my Wii's Original Drive... should I swap it out for the D2C and take it back to nintendo? Or what?

Im so tired of this... I already spent hours and about 100 dollars on games to find one that could udate my wii in repair mode.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My guess is that while uninstalling wads/IOSes, you have uninstalled IOS60 or whichever IOS lets SMF work. If you can't even boot the disc, it sounds like you have a permanent paperweight on your hands. Sorry mate.

SaveMiiFrii is a last-ditch effort in my eyes, I wouldn't touch MyMenuify unless you're packing either BootMii boot2 or BootMii IOS + Preloader.

Sending stuff to Nintendo still costs and will probably result in them giving you a newer refurbished (and unhackable) Wii. Your best bet may be to buy a new one that you can confirm is pre-LU64.

snakeslash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pre LU64? How about if I just swap out the Drive into the new wii? I thought as long as you swap drives you are ok.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
snakeslash said:
Pre LU64? How about if I just swap out the Drive into the new wii? I thought as long as you swap drives you are ok.
I'm not as familiar when it comes to swapping drives, but if you're comfortable with it then go nuts.

But... if you have a working virgin drive, why not fall back to that on your current Wii? Whatever you've broken is still isolated on the NAND drive.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you are going to throw it out, send it to me, i'l pay for the shipping
rolleyes.gif

Empyr69er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You said your wii is 3.2? The video says right from the start it is a theme for 4.0 wiis. I'm sure the coding for each of these sys menus would clash once trying to overwrite. It's like updating your graphic layout, but not updating your firmware lol(DOESNT WORK). I have no advice for you, but this is why it bricked I am pretty sure.

Empyr69er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have the DarkWii Extended theme for 4.0, but I also do have sm4.0. It is retarded dope! I also have the dark slazor mod them for USBLoader GX, and other loaders with Dark themes. I made a bunch of HBC icons(they look good in usblgx too) that go along with all these themes too. I'm taking requests, but have been taking a lil vacation from doing them lately.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
i've missed these "i uninstalled everything" threads lol

hardmodders should learn about some softmodding before messing with ios and themes n stuff man
biggrin.gif

unlucky dude ur screwed imho.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yep you should learn to know what your doing before installing themes they are a 100% way of bricking your wii if you fuck up and you have. before i installed the black pirate on mine i read a tonne of threads on what to do 100% before i even attempted it, made sure i had the exact right files etc. if you don't do this than your screwed before you start
tongue.gif

Laughlyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i installed the correct version of the dark theme and it royally buggered my wii up. Just goes to a black screen. 2 days later the author commented he'd noticed summat was wrong with the theme lol

I used savemefrii and i get the 4.0e in the bottom corner. is there anything i can do? i have Preloader installed but it doesnt seem to do anything if i put in, say wii sports resort (with 4.1e update on it) as i was told this may sort it, the wii (it was my GF's) is just sat on a shelf until i can get an answer before i pay £65 to send it to nintendo

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have Preloader installed then all you have to do is install the proper System Menu 4.0 wad for your region. Or 3.4/3.2 or whatever you had before bricking.

Laughlyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How tho? thats the thing absolutley nothin comes up apart from the lil 4.0e in the bottom corner and the wii has been sat for so long doign nothing that i think the wii mote has de-sync'd from it

i have a copy of my system menu thiny (the 0000045 file thingies) on my SD card too but where bouts do i put them?

EDIT: i found a 4.0e menu WAD now

wii-4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol same happen to me i fixed by going into preloader choosing my home brew channel and reinstalling my normal wii system menu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey hey!