Homebrew Bricked My new 3DS with Godmode9 HELP!

Vlone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a couple hours ago I Installed a bunch of ds fowarders but they didn't come out how I wanted to so I decided to go delete them and to my surprise I could not delete them through the data manager on the 3ds so next thing I tried was deleting the titles through godmode9 which worked but some of the titles still showed up, out of curiosity i tried opening them and they would automatically crash so me being stupid went back the ds fowarder app tried to reinstall them and thats when i got an error and everytime i boot my 3ds it just hangs there with only the blue light on does anyone know how I can fix this???

balfiere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remove your SD card and try turning it on. If that doesn't work, try removing and reseating your battery. If neither of those work, make sure you still have boot.firm in the root folder of your SD card. You may need to download luma again and replace boot.firm, it may have been corrupted.

Reactions: Vlone

Vlone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did both didn't work, and I don't think the issue is with luma is more with the nand itself either way i still replaced luma with a clean download and nothing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ds forwarders are part of the twl nand iirc, so they need to be deleted in the dsi section of memory management.
is there any way i could access this through godmode9 and solve the issue?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could try reflashing an earlier nand, but anything that was installed after that nand was created won't show up. you might be able to use one of those tickets app, which name escapes me, to make them show up again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

use the safe restore I think it's called in godmode's nand manager. I've used it before, and I had no problems.

balfiere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you follow the troubleshooting section of the 3DS hacks guide? There should be a section on dealing with black screens issues on boot, which you might wanna look at before flashing a backup nand

Vlone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you follow the troubleshooting section of the 3DS hacks guide? There should be a section on dealing with black screens issues on boot, which you might wanna look at before flashing a backup nand
i'll take a look at that right now

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might preface that by saying that I've never had it to where the system wouldn't boot up. reflashing the nand was to downgrade in my case, and since I make a nand backup after installing something, every time, I lost nothing. the last time I made a nand backup was when installing mario maker 1.05 update, the last update I had to do before all games were updated, a very grueling process to find the updates. anyway, now I just update twilight menu++ only as nothing else is ever updated anymore. if I backup my sd card, I usually make another nand backup, even if nothing has been installed, so I have to do as little work as possible if something bad happens.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you use godmode9 off a different console to fix a semi brick on another console if you have a nand backup created using a different exploit method.

Basically I have a Japanese 3ds xl I think I set up years ago using arm9loader and menuhax, I downgraded it to 9.2 and pretty sure at some point i created a nand backup as I can see in fbi/nand that there's a nand file.

Sorry if the above is very vague because it was over 5 years ago when I last touched that console.

Anyways I think the semi brick may have happened when I was using fbi to un install some apps from the home screen. Because it was working perfectly fine before then.

I have an Australian 3ds xl I think is running cfw, it used to have the same exploit as my jap 3ds but again due to lack of use I forgot what button it was I set for it to boot the exploit when you turn the console on.

So I beleive I set up cfw, I can see that it has godmode9 running and I created a nand backup of this console just in case.

So I am wondering can I use the Australian 3ds console to recover my Japanese 3ds console.

I know its a semi brick because I can get to the factory recovery screen where it downloads and installs the latest firmware, but the Japanese console connects to my router but fails at the last step and I have no idea what the rest is telling me with it been Japanese.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY