Hacking Brickblocker failed with "Marbles!", anyone had any luck

KyleCooper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Before, I've been using brickblocker to remove updates from my games with no problem. Now I downloaded Marbles!/Kororinpa 2 and it has an update on it. No worries, I ran Brickblocker on it, but it wrecked the ISO in quite a strange way: the burnt DVD has a lot of data missing in circles all around the disc, you can see that data was burnt on some of the disc and there are five or six "empty", untouched regions. (I used ImgBurn, 4x speed, Verbatim DVD+R RW's, other DVD's burn OK.)
I don't want to update, I like being on 3.2, and I have a Wiikey1 which is supposed to have an update blocker, but I still get the "press OK to update your system" screen when I put in the DVD. Can anyone help me with how the Wiikey update blocker is supposed to work? Thanks.

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Install newest version of preloader as it completely blocks updates, starfall is outdated
plus preloader makes ur wii pretty brick resistant.

KyleCooper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so what you guys are suggesting is that I install Preloader (my current system menu with all channels stays intact, right?), and use it to disable any update, and then start the game?

Is there any problem/brick Preloader could cause? I have a PAL system with 3.2E, a Wiikey chip and I once had the dual channels problem from an NTSC game. Does preloader do anything irreversible to the system that may cause problems in the future?

kingofsnake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
KyleCooper said:
Before, I've been using brickblocker to remove updates from my games with no problem. Now I downloaded Marbles!/Kororinpa 2 and it has an update on it. No worries, I ran Brickblocker on it, but it wrecked the ISO in quite a strange way: the burnt DVD has a lot of data missing in circles all around the disc, you can see that data was burnt on some of the disc and there are five or six "empty", untouched regions. (I used ImgBurn, 4x speed, Verbatim DVD+R RW's, other DVD's burn OK.)
I don't want to update, I like being on 3.2, and I have a Wiikey1 which is supposed to have an update blocker, but I still get the "press OK to update your system" screen when I put in the DVD. Can anyone help me with how the Wiikey update blocker is supposed to work? Thanks.

This sounds like a media or burner problem, try using a DVD-R not RW. Brickblocker patches the ISO and would not cause a disk to have visible rings of missing data.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
KyleCooper said:
Okay, so what you guys are suggesting is that I install Preloader (my current system menu with all channels stays intact, right?), and use it to disable any update, and then start the game?

Is there any problem/brick Preloader could cause? I have a PAL system with 3.2E, a Wiikey chip and I once had the dual channels problem from an NTSC game. Does preloader do anything irreversible to the system that may cause problems in the future?

Preloader should be safe.
When I installed preloader .29 on my 3.2E Wii though I got the terrible "System files are corrupted". But that was fixed easily. Hold reset after powering on to get into the preloader menu, go to settings and set the system menu IOS back to 30.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
If your on 3.2 and don't want to update use starfall , yes its out dated but perfectly suited for system 3.2 and has the update blocker and brick proof thingy .

paul

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
paul3100 said:
If your on 3.2 and don't want to update use starfall , yes its out dated but perfectly suited for system 3.2 and has the update blocker and brick proof thingy .

paul

It will work, but preloader is easier. With starfall, you still need the twilight hack on the system, boot into zelda and stuff.
But with preloader, you just hold reset and boot directly into hbc to restore the system

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
paul3100 said:

paul

It will work, but preloader is easier. With starfall, you still need the twilight hack on the system, boot into zelda and stuff.
But with preloader, you just hold reset and boot directly into hbc to restore the system

That's true. It's always sad when someone gets bricked and thinks that the recovery menu will save them and they don't have the TP Hack installed.

KyleCooper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's an interesting twist: I checked the ISO with WUM, and it says the disc has a 3.1E update on it! So why does my 3.2E Wii want to perform an update when I insert the disc?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
KyleCooper said:
Here's an interesting twist: I checked the ISO with WUM, and it says the disc has a 3.1E update on it! So why does my 3.2E Wii want to perform an update when I insert the disc?
'
It just wants to install a new ios probably. A lot of new games require ios53 and/or 55

KyleCooper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any risk in that? I mean, can the update contain something that disables some homebrew or other (like Trucha) capability, if WUM says that it has 3.1 on it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0