Hacking Brawl Hackers new and old, they've done it - The Clone Engine up to 100 unique characters!

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to assume this would never work on Dolphin via extracted and compiled ISO? I test my hacks for character mods on there just fine, but I have my doubts it's even feasible via Dolphin. I have my Wii too, just curious :P Does it even work on USB loaders?
You mean extract and reconstruct the files into the iso to see if they work as if you changed nothing then that possibly could work but more stuff would have to be involved. I use dolphin to test out before I go to my Wii, if it works on dolphin(it does) then I should work on a normal Wii.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean extract and reconstruct the files into the iso to see if they work as if you changed nothing then that possibly could work but more stuff would have to be involved. I use dolphin to test out before I go to my Wii, if it works on dolphin(it does) then I should work on a normal Wii.

So the clone engine would work when I compiled the RSBE01 folder (it's how I test my rigged character hacks), and actually runs very well on Dolphin, much more convenient to test in my opinion :D What more would need to be involved if you don't mind me asking? Like, adding on to files, adding more folders into the RSBE01 folders and recompiling the ISO?

BlackWizzard17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the clone engine would work when I compiled the RSBE01 folder (it's how I test my rigged character hacks), and actually runs very well on Dolphin, much more convenient to test in my opinion :D What more would need to be involved if you don't mind me asking? Like, adding on to files, adding more folders into the RSBE01 folders and recompiling the ISO?

Since we are adding the following
files in the folder "rsbe01" they are set and ready to load in the game when using patch code.
But if you wanna ad the extra slots "into the iso" so it's kind of permanent then most likely you would need to edit the roster file in the iso, and add the extra files into it if I'm not mistaken. Not sure if I'm making any sense but ill check into my ssbb iso later and see what I can do because I think it could be harder than trying to load set up the clone engine

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since we are adding the following
files in the folder "rsbe01" they are set and ready to load in the game when using patch code.
But if you wanna ad the extra slots "into the iso" so it's kind of permanent then most likely you would need to edit the roster file in the iso, and add the extra files into it if I'm not mistaken. Not sure if I'm making any sense but ill check into my ssbb iso later and see what I can do because I t could be harder than trying to load set up the clone engine

Oh, that makes perfect sense, the same way you load customer CSPs into the character selection screen, you need to open up the file responsible for all of them, find the character ID and replace the png with the corresponding portrait. So, I'd need to backup the original for sure, I just don't know what the file the controls the roster is called, but it's somewhere in there :D Let me know what you find.

If I have to use my original Wii, then it's all good :P

BlackWizzard17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that makes perfect sense, the same way you load customer CSPs into the character selection screen, you need to open up the file responsible for all of them, find the character ID and replace the png with the corresponding portrait. So, I'd need to backup the original for sure, I just don't know what the file the controls the roster is called, but it's somewhere in there :D Let me know what you find.

If I have to use my original Wii, then it's all good :P

Yes, you need to find what is responsible for the characters and there id, insert your custom character Id, and add another menu for the screen to load that specific character.
If you want or Haven't tried the clone engine, you can download my "low budget" pre-set :lol: and test it on dolphin it should work.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you need to find what is responsible for the characters and there id, insert your custom character Id, and add another menu for the screen to load that specific character.
If you want or Haven't tried the clone engine, you can download my "low budget" pre-set :lol: and test it on dolphin it should work.

The download's in the video description, right? I'll probably get lost trying to follow the instructions :rofl2: All I've ever down in Brawl hacking is custom music, characters, 3D rigging, UV map fixing and that's about it :P

Reactions: BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The download's in the video description, right? I'll probably get lost trying to follow the instructions :rofl2: All I've ever down in Brawl hacking is custom music, characters, 3D rigging, UV map fixing and that's about it :P

I might make a video that is very friendly to anyone who can move a mouse. I posted a link to someone's video on here on the second page.
Here is my test that I did so far, it includes shadow and mega man.
If you have any trouble setting it up I'll help you.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8smd8b84dn4abek/Pre-Set.zip

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might make a video that is very friendly to anyone who can move a mouse. I posted a link to someone's video on here on the second page.
Here is my test that I did so far, it includes shadow and mega man.
If you have any trouble setting it up I'll help you.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8smd8b84dn4abek/Pre-Set.zip

Whoops, didn't see that link on the other page (my bad lol), I'll watch the first video, you don't need to make another one. I was confused at rigging but I got used to it, now it's second nature to me, so yeah, no worries dude :D :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree"