BOTW Modded - Sycmmc

distortedmind87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi im new to the Switch modding world! i follwed instructions of a video to get HB on my switch and they said when it comes to boot CFW click on the CFW (Sysmmc) to launch.. Ive been doing this.

I modded the switch purely to enable cheats and install mods for BOTW like linkle. ive been online the whole time as they said it was safe because i bought BOTW and other games direct from the nintendo store. im not interested in pirating any games and will only ever play games i buy from the store.

Am i safe modding and playing BOTW in sysmmc? i saw some other pages that said even thought its an offline game and i bought it, i should still only play modded versions of the games on an EMUnand i think its called?

any advice would be appreciated

jakl_53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I'm aware most people use sysMMC as stock firmware. Don't mod on it or do anything silly. That way you can do your online stuff as well as play your legal digital games. Getting online on either is sketchy especially with any kind of mods done or other apps like Tinfoil installed on the home screen.

Last edited by jakl_53,

jakl_53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All retail games are Installed on the home screen though? :blink:

Anybody doing that with their legally bought games for years: Sure, sure...
My bad I edited. I meant stuff like Tinfoil. I'm pretty sure the big N can see that stuff. And haven't people gotten banned before for mods in games? Mostly games like splatoon and smash?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Mostly games like splatoon and smash?
Because they went online with mods in those games that have online features. And I stated not to do that with mods.

I meant stuff like Tinfoil. I'm pretty sure the big N can see that stuff.
OP said they won't ever be pirating games and installing such things is considered piracy by N. So depends if OP understands what piracy entails on Switch.

jakl_53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because they went online with mods in those games that have online features. And I stated not to do that with mods.

OP said they won't ever be pirating games and installing such things is considered piracy by N. So depends if OP understands what piracy entails on Switch.
That's true on the online part. And OP never said anything about not installing not allowed apps. Just not interested in piracy. Personally I still think it's a risk allowing a modded anything to connect to official servers. But everyone has their own risk tolerances. We don't know with 100 percent certainty what nintendo can see and what they will ban for. We just have a good idea.

Gavin80001x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't listen to them. Until game has online features it is safe. If game has online features, you can still mod it, but don't go online with it to be safe.
Hey mate I wanted to hijack this if you didn't mind.

There are save files on GBATemp, mostly stuff for 100% or all items. Is it safe if I put these on my own sysnand? I would ONLY be doing this for single player games like Totk, Resident Evil, etc. My sysnand is clean as I only play games I purchase on the eshop (or physical copies). I've edited with PKHex and been fine, but that was editing my own save, not other player's saves. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...