Hacking bootmii v0.4 test1

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll wait for an official 0.4 HackMii installer release. Its bad enough that those are experimental as it is.
tongue.gif

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quote from someone over at the wiibrew forums:

"Well, I've been out all night, but I installed and tried the new Bootmii as my boot2. It works just fine, I'm gonna guess it's safe to install, I made a NAND backup, it was slower than beta3 so I'm going to guess there was more SD optimization code that came at the cost of speed. I would almost call it ungodly slow, but still usable, it took me about 5-10 minutes to backup my NAND (depends if you wanna count verification time or not) but I tried to restore it right away and it didn't give me a different Wii error, so I guess I'm going to hold onto this version. Good show Twiizers, good show"

Well, looks like it is safe...as there was a second confirmation afterward. Maybe I'll give it a go tomorrow and see if it can finally see my A-data 16GB card for bootmii
smile.gif

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only thing changed in bootmii itself (that I can see) is the fact that the nand dump/restore is fixed. You can't use a dump from the original version 3 (without fixing it yourself first) but a dump from 2 or this version will restore like it should. Don't know anything about changes in hbc 1.0.4 though

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
the only thing changed in bootmii itself (that I can see) is the fact that the nand dump/restore is fixed. You can't use a dump from the original version 3 (without fixing it yourself first) but a dump from 2 or this version will restore like it should. Don't know anything about changes in hbc 1.0.4 though

Well, that is good news. Maybe some work has been done behind the scenes to the SD compatibility. I will certainly give this a go tomorrow
smile.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've already linked to it in my guide earlier with a red colored note because of the problems with 0.3 restoring. I told people to either find the beta 0.2 installer and use that, or try using the beta 0.4 test one posted on comment 45 HERE

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
I've already linked to it in my guide earlier with a red colored note because of the problems with 0.3 restoring. I told people to either find the beta 0.2 installer and use that, or try using the beta 0.4 test one posted on comment 45 HERE

Ahh, I was not aware (along with the rest that posted) but am glad it is available. I do read the hackmii notes pretty religiously, but rarely delve into the comments. Thanks!

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
carbonyle said:
Is this the rumored version that should be boot2v3 compatible ?
(I'm not talking about boot2v4)

Since I I've a boot2v2 Wii I'll not test it now

And? anything found out yet? I think I have a 2v3 too. How can I be sure which version my boot2 has?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...