::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
lolzed said:
how do you control the number thing on controlling the time,Noitora?
Look at your keyboard, there are some drawings above the letters, they're called numbers. Here's a tutorial to learn how to identify them: http://www.learningplanet.com/act/numbertrain/index.asp

Anyway, seriously now, if the name of the image is image30003 then change it to image30008 or something...it will display a different image, the number of the image increases in every 20 secs or something. Duh, I can't explain it really well...

xylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iPikachu said:
Toni Plutonij said:
xylos said:
okay okay "earl the teacher" what I'm saying in that post is what most people think of this guy in the first place. 5 years locked in his moms basement is what he probably did because: Why would he do such a sissy thing like lock himself in his room until nintendo in compassion for some sole developer decides to give this guy NitroSDK... Why?! Why doesn't he instead show the world of DS homebrew this massive game and then call for an uprising against the big N to get NitroSDK?

No but seriously lets not fight over this guys future or past... I mean can't we just all get along?
Well, for starters, if he releases this game, he can forget getting it EVER released under the license!! And if he releases it as a homebrew he won't earn any money form it, and that's as good as throwing five years of your life (and hard work) away!!

And I can't understand how come you guys don't get it, he's not proving a point with this lockup, he's trying to get publicity!! He wants that everyone hears about it, he wants to get to the newspapers, and that people read about him, and talk about that, so he would get some reaction from Nintendo, because last few weeks, Nintendo is ignoring him!!

And nobody is fighting, I'm just trying to point out things that you mentioned, and in my opinion, are wrong..
dont get me wrong, but its hard to read a post with that mohawk barbie hovering.
if i remember, there was this game called cavestory made by a person named pixel, he released it as homebrew and people sent him stuff i dont think he acted like little bob here.

wtf.gif

is that box art FOR REAL?!

Nah Boxarts fake! Got it off VGBoxart! Man those guys will make a boxart out of anything seriously...

All my opinion says is that I definitely don't like the way this guy is handling things..

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if I start to rant, but this has just gotten sad.

When I heard about Bob and his game I thought that he was really cool for being able to make a game all on his own with no prior experience.

I don't think Bob is going to get anything out of locking himself up in his room. The bottom line is that he wants his game published, so it can hit store shelves. IMHO I doubt that Nintendo will even begin to consider that now. I mean come on. Threats against Reggie, threating to release a Killer Homebrew App! Nintendo is a Billionaire gaming giant. If Bob's game never got released they wouldn't lose a minute of sleep over it. Bob is a high risk for Nintendo. It'd be safer, and wiser for them to stay away from him and his game, as he has proven to be unpredictable.

Locking yourself up in your room is not the way to get what you want. I remember doing this as a child, and all I got was grounded.
laugh.gif
I mean, if I were Nintendo (I can only dream
laugh.gif
), I wouldn't bother to publish this game.

I have lost all respect for Bob. He should have kept his head and went about the situation as a professional. To be honest, if this game does hit shelves, I won't be getting it, even though it does look kinda fun.

Sorry again for ranting, feel free to tear me apart.
happy.gif

I just wanted to say what was on my mind.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Obtaining an ilegal SDK would waste 5 years of deication into what we call as non-commercial ROM.

Making it commercial is the only appreciation this guy can get, and the only proper one

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
xylos said:
Know what I think he should do? Instead of asking nintendo directly go to other big game developers and ask for thier assistance.. who know mabey THQ or DSi will accept his work as the best they've ever seen or made... lol

Or DSI =X

Waddle Dee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this all kinda died down. I haven't seen the game... but this guy musta just wasted 5 years of his life. Release it as homebrew and ask for a dontaion or two, genius. THEN you get money and people enjoy your work! THAT'S WHAT GAME MAKING IS ABOUT.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Bob seems to have devolved into idle threats at Nintendo about releasing his game as the first "homebrew killer app" this week.

I'm sorry, he lost all respect for me when he put his head so far up his backside that he couldn't see the forest for the trees. He keeps talking about how releasing his game as a homebrew app would cut into Nintendo's bottom line and profits. No it won't. He keeps talking about how no one would publish his game... then says he wouldn't let anyone else play the game due to fear of them "ripping his game off." How would a publisher or Nintendo itself know if he's worth a SDK or a contract without being able to play his game?

Just because someone spent a lot of time on a project doesn't instantly make it good. Chinese Democracy wasn't better than the White Album because it took Axl and company over a decade to record it.

I think he shot himself in the foot about getting a SDK the second he started talking about piracy and releasing his game on flashcarts. If he was even on Nintendo's radar, that dropped him off it.

klein

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why he doesn't try to contact a third party and sign a deal with them. They would have their hands on it, possibly change some things, but it might then be released and he could get a job.

MacGnG

Trophies
Website
www.MacGnG.com
XP
Country
United States
if he has companies that want to publish his games, i think nintendo should let him BUY the sdk. nintendo would be making money by letting him buy the kit and then the publishers would publish the game. nintendo isnt loosing any money by letting this guy buy the sdk, i dont see what their argument for not letting him buy the sdk is???

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I think Nintendo already view Bob as a liability with nothing really to lose by getting a SDK and passing it off to someone else for nefarious means as soon as Bob's Game is compiled as a commercial rom.

He's already comparing his situation to Tengen and Flashcart companies on his website. It's like he's creating a list of things not to say to Nintendo if you want to get on their good side.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Donato_Dobango said:
I think Nintendo already view Bob as a liability with nothing really to lose by getting a SDK and passing it off to someone else for nefarious means as soon as Bob's Game is compiled as a commercial rom.

He's already comparing his situation to Tengen and Flashcart companies on his website. It's like he's creating a list of things not to say to Nintendo if you want to get on their good side.
That's a very good point. Why would he even mention flascarts
blink.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I can't believe the margin of people supporting Bob and his disgustingly childish little tactic to try and blackmail Nintendo using bad PR to get a stupid dev kit for his game.

The guy thinks because he blew 5 years of his life making a game that it somehow damn well entitles him the right to buy a Nintendo dev kit and that they have no right to deny him that. Sorry, but that's not how game development works, and the sooner that basement dwelling nerd realizes that life should move a lot smoother. He may though have outright screwed himself out of ever getting that published. Had he acted like not like a manchild he could have easily pitched the game to a crapload of 3rd party developers considering his so-called ties he got from trade shows. He would have done far better going that route, or holding out to see if it could get popped into reality via the DSIware setup that's arriving now. I'm a former game developer myself from Midway in San Diego back from the early years of this decade and I know the guy is out of his mind and out of touch with reality playing this Gandhi game bullshit tactic. There's a right way, a probably won't work way, and a you fucked yourself way of doing things and this stunt was opening door number three in that list. And really keeping the Monty Hall reference of Let's Make a Deal to the side here for a moment, he doomed himself anyways threatening flash kits, warez, and so on if his demands were not met. That there among all of it, even his basement tactic, was ultimately the kiss of death.

No pity, no remorse, and if Nintendo does pick this up no one will respect them anymore in the gaming professional community because it'll show they'll buckle under the pressure of a random nobody that'll exile themselves to the basement and suck their thumb until they get what they want which is basically (and it's overboard using the term but fits) catering to terrorist demands.

Twiggy12

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Donato_Dobango said:

;
hes saying if he cant make a propper ds game, he will make it homebrew/rom and sell it with dsi compatable flash carts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/4l3lyXcUDkI?feature=shared&t=43