Bluesoleil 5.x causing trouble with my PC (when shutting down)

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I've been using a BT dongle to connect my Wiimotes and Wii U Pro to my computer for usage in games (as well as connecting my phone wirelessly), but ever since I upgraded to Win8, the software that came with it has given me an error every time I shut my computer down. It wouldn't be such a problem, but every time I boot back up, some of the desktop icons would be switched around. Not sure if it affects anything else.

Anyways, the company that makes Bluesoleil said on their website that owners of 5.x and 7.x could get 9.x for free, but it seems only if they purchased those older versions on their website vs having it packed in with a BT dongle. So, I'm looking around for another software package that is more compatible with Win 8, but it seems all of them are Paid software packages.

I don't want to try anything illegal, but anyone know of free BT software?

VampireLordAlucard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does the software do for you, just make the dongle work? You should be able to install a driver without additional software if you just want to pair it with your devices.

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
The software that came with the dongle is basically the driver. I had tried just letting Windows 8 install it's own driver for it (coming up as Generic). It'll detect the controllers, but the connectivity to actually use them was not available, something which the packed-in driver could.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...