Ok the first post is updated with new screens, courtesy of PG
smile.gif

*continues translating*

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick off-topic question, but how did you guys learn Japanese? I've been trying to find where to start for some time now, but I haven't really found a way to do that yet.

rocketen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:
On another note: Shiva is a HUGE perv XD There's a quest called "The Secret of Jiggling!?" but for all of the innocent people out there, I'll make it "The Secret of Trembling!?"

Don't compromise! There's nothing wrong with a little perversion

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
In the second "Mission Clear!" screenshot, the second objective should be "Destroyed the right hand's core." not "Destroyed the core's right hand." shouldn't it? I think it was pointed out on the spreadsheet a while back, but it never got edited afaik. It's looking good so far though ;o

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Valiarchon said:
In the second "Mission Clear!" screenshot, the second objective should be "Destroyed the right hand's core." not "Destroyed the core's right hand." shouldn't it? I think it was pointed out on the spreadsheet a while back, but it never got edited afaik. It's looking good so far though ;o
Yep, I noticed that in the screenshot too, but it's already been fixed on the spreadsheet.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, it should. That screenshot is old, back from when you were on the team, a week or two before you left. As Dennie said though, it's already edited. Quite a few of the sheets are already edited, actually.

Thanks for the heads up, though.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
Reason for edit: If you elaborate on your comment, maybe I'll unhide it. If it's meant to be a flame, it won't be tolerated.
Ok I'm gonna quote Wikipedia
QUOTEFlaming, also known as bashing, is hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users.
In what way it was hostile or insulting ? A member just said the old group was a fiasco which is not because it's the actual team with some
members out and some members in + the nicier first post and that's all I said
I was considered as "hostile" because I mention *snip*
Deleting a completly innocent comment just for that is futile.
Nevertheless I always post support for this project and in no way I've been flaming.

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Oh okay, that's good to hear ;o Oh I remembered something too - I'm not sure if it's been fixed yet or not, but you'll probably want to pick one convention and stick with it (and change the alternative form to match) - British English or American English? Eg. colour vs. color, etc. I remember there being quite a few mismatches throughout due to myself and Inori using a different dialect to everyone else (there wasn't anyone else was there?).

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We've figured out all of that already.

Please keep all sorts of drama, including dramatic comments out of this thread. If you have intentions of starting trouble, feeling butthurt, or have any drama with someone, do it via PM, ragequit, diary, crying into pillow, but not in this thread.

Tonitonichopchop: I had a Japanese tutor that tutored me six hours a day, four days a week. I also self-studied for a year and a half with books, exams and audio quizzes. If you want to know which books I used, I can PM you the links and you can decide which ones to buy.
You can also take Japanese classes if there are any in your area, but Japanese is an expensive language to learn and take so much dedication X_X
I think you'll do fine
smile.gif

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tonitonichopchop said:
Just a quick off-topic question, but how did you guys learn Japanese? I've been trying to find where to start for some time now, but I haven't really found a way to do that yet.

When I first started learning, there weren't nearly as many resources for learning Japanese online as there are today. You were pretty much limited to one very basic lesson that you'd see in a textbook, and a few web pages (this was before proper blogs) by angry Japanese majors explaining how confusing the grammar is hahaha.

In my opinion, if you want a kind-of 'fast track' to learning Japanese so that you can play games, you'll have to start with the fundamentals. That means learning the hiragana, katakana, and how kanji is used in Japanese (I know some real-life beginners courses that don't expound on kanji, so sometimes it's just better to look this stuff up yourself).

Second, find some real basic, boring lessons like, "Eating at a Restaurant" or "Visiting the Post Office". Books you can find at the library are filled with this kind of stuff, just read through a bunch of them until you have a simple understanding of how Japanese works (this could take a month or so, learning anything new is a commitment after all)

Next, you'll simply want to expand your vocabulary. It would be great to learn more grammar first, but without formal classes you'll probably end up learning your grammar on a case-by-case basis (though there are great grammar websites out there now, like Tae-Kim's Japanese site..). To learn more vocabulary, get some Japanese comics (I'm guessing you like One Piece?) or games where you'd feel comfortable looking up each separate kanji, and then each compound (combination of two or more kanji).

The difficulty (or simplicity?) of reading Japanese in games is that many games use very different language. Games like Persona 3/4 might use normal modern Japanese, while something with samurai or knights in it would use different/archaic levels of formality. Games with 'delinquent' characters use a lot of Yakuza-style slang, and games with 'rural folks' use yet another set of vocab to make those characters stand out.

Of course, that's only if you want to learn how to read Japanese. Speaking, writing, and all that good stuff (singing?) would require a different focus altogether. But this is a video game site, so I just assumed you were talking about reading comprehension.

QUOTE(phoenixgoddess27 @ Mar 31 2011, 06:31 AM) On another note: Shiva is a HUGE perv XD There's a quest called "The Secret of Jiggling!?" but for all of the innocent people out there, I'll make it "The Secret of Trembling!?"

The different quests often refer to which part of the behemoth you are trying to break. In the case of 'secret of jiggling', it might be referring to one where you have to break her bra-clasp (yes, I believe there is such a thing in this game, haahah). So you might want to get clever and call it like, "Secret Unmentionables" (double negatives convey the same humor?). That's not a criticism, but trembling just reminds me more of fear than of unruly body parts, hahahaha.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS1 said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
On another note: Shiva is a HUGE perv XD There's a quest called "The Secret of Jiggling!?" but for all of the innocent people out there, I'll make it "The Secret of Trembling!?"

The different quests often refer to which part of the behemoth you are trying to break. In the case of 'secret of jiggling', it might be referring to one where you have to break her bra-clasp (yes, I believe there is such a thing in this game, haahah). So you might want to get clever and call it like, "Secret Unmentionables" (double negatives convey the same humor?). That's not a criticism, but trembling just reminds me more of fear than of unruly body parts, hahahaha.

Hahaha, well that would go well too
happy.gif
But jiggling is so hilarious
rofl2.gif
I must play that part of the game. I need to learn the secret @_@

I was going to use trembling for the kiddies!
ohnoes.png

(Though if you're breaking her bra, I'm not quite sure kids should be playing this in the first place XD) And the poor wolf behemoth has quests like, "Tail Licking!?" and "Teach it to sit!" Why can't I just teach it to be good?
sad.gif

For all of you wondering what Shiva looks like in this game....
gY9tZ.png

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Hahaha, well that would go well too
happy.gif
But jiggling is so hilarious
rofl2.gif
I must play that part of the game. I need to learn the secret @_@

I was going to use trembling for the kiddies!
ohnoes.png

(Though if you're breaking her bra, I'm not quite sure kids should be playing this in the first place XD) And the poor wolf behemoth has quests like, "Tail Licking!?" and "Teach it to sit!" Why can't I just teach it to be good?
sad.gif

If you're just going by mission titles and the overall gameplay, there are strong hints at anti-monsterism in this game. When the game first came out, GameFAQs was filled with questions like, 'How do I break Gigant's kneecaps?', and 'HOW TO CUT OFF ARMZ!!?'

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS1 said:
If you're just going by mission titles and the overall gameplay, there are strong hints at anti-monsterism in this game. When the game first came out, GameFAQs was filled with questions like, 'How do I break Gigant's kneecaps?', and 'HOW TO CUT OFF ARMZ!!?'

It's worse when you're translating it and see descriptions like(This is just an example), "A fine powder that's nice to touch. It smells very good." Well why are you sniffing powder in the first place? And then you find out it came from monster body parts. "*sniffs* Man, this foot smells great."
rofl2.gif

We'll be working on the event_txt from scratch after we get to 100% on the non-script spreadsheet.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Looks awesome. =3
I've always wanted to try this game but since I love games mostly for their story, I've always been stopped from playing it because of that.

kazekun

Trophies
XP
Country
Making that this forum stays in 1 page >_< shouldnt leave there until this translation is finished! thanks for awsome job.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It is mothers day I need to give @BigOnYa's wife a call
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    And your own @SylverReZ ?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I know who I need to call. :ninja:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ghostbusters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    "Hello, this the feds?"
    +1
    Go ahead. I think there's a phone at my mums grave :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lucky
    +1
    I think we buried mum still sitting on the Lode 🚽 :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You aren't British
    +1
    Aye mate
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because you drive on the wrong side of the road
    +1
    :rofl2: We built the cars first. Ask Mr Ford :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No the brits did they figured out horse power first
    Everyone else is just Knock-offs :tpi:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how much damage a horse would do to modern cars
    There ya go. always thinking Negative. :sad:
  • Wholesome @ Wholesome:
    hamburger
    Hot Dogs 🌭 🌭
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: Come to think of it, I might make 🌭 for lunch today. A change of pace :) With chili, cheese, onions, relish n mustard :D
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    who'd be angrier if we pinged them, juan or leo?
    +1
    Juan
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Someone has to delete Leo's thread to make him angry
    +2
    [awaits for him to notice something] :blush::ha::evil:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back