ROM Hack [RELEASED] Blood of Bahamut English Patch

kazekun

Trophies
XP
Country
that sounds kinky for shiva
laugh.gif

Now being more serious, i really admire you peeps who make this translations for fans, getting so much hard work in trade of nothing, wish i knew jap so i could help
smile.gif
but its really awsome that there is people who understand and are considerative enough to make this kinda stuff.

demitrius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the updates posted, and the new screenshots. Lets me know it's constantly being worked on, even if it is a small update.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I see it, there's no point in knowing the language and having the skills if you won't use them to help people.

Densetsu adds new screenshots every four days or so, so the project is always being updated, even when it seems like a quiet thread
smile.gif

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
The way I see it, there's no point in knowing the language and having the skills if you won't use them to help people.

Yeah, that's how I see it. Plus, something I don't think a lot of people (those who beg and beg for translations the second a game comes out) understand, once you do a translation, it's there FOREVER. It's not just for the people who show interest in the 5 days after the game comes out, and pirate it because they are bored and have nothing better to do. Someone (who is, you know, not even born yet) might find out about the game in the future and think, "Oh sweet, these people translated this game 20 years ago! I love these classic games better than the ones I download into my brain!"

That and translating games is fun, god knows real translation jobs (uhh yeah, we need this 30 page vacuum warranty translated into English by yesterday...) are not as fun, even if they are 10x more lucrative.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was planning to play this game long before hearing about all the interesting.....erm.....terrain.
I might have to see if I can help out, now.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS1 said:
Yeah, that's how I see it. Plus, something I don't think a lot of people (those who beg and beg for translations the second a game comes out) understand, once you do a translation, it's there FOREVER. It's not just for the people who show interest in the 5 days after the game comes out, and pirate it because they are bored and have nothing better to do. Someone (who is, you know, not even born yet) might find out about the game in the future and think, "Oh sweet, these people translated this game 20 years ago! I love these classic games better than the ones I download into my brain!"

That and translating games is fun, god knows real translation jobs (uhh yeah, we need this 30 page vacuum warranty translated into English by yesterday...) are not as fun, even if they are 10x more lucrative.

Patience died long ago unfortunately. There are still quite a few patient people around, but the impatient ones are quite depressing
sad.gif

We want to give the best translations we can give, but people who beg for translations should understand these things don't happen overnight or over a week period. Translations take time if you want to give as few errors as possible, which is what we're aiming for.

I never thought of it like that, DS1. I guess I'm a bit more happy that we can bring translations to more than just this generation
smile.gif

QUOTE(Vulpes Abnocto @ Apr 4 2011, 10:03 AM) I was planning to play this game long before hearing about all the interesting.....erm.....terrain.
I might have to see if I can help out, now.

Hahaha, what was that? I thought I heard someone jiggling. Feel free to PM Densetsu if you want to edit, Vulp
smile.gif

kazekun

Trophies
XP
Country
Its a bit sad that not many systems get translations with sucess, ds atm is probably the one with more translations being made, its a real shame tough, even tough its really understandble, since companys can be way more "picky" on games being released on other consoles if fans begin translating them, for the wii for exemple, fatal frame 4 translation was a huge sucess, and its excelently done, i wish big gaming companys, tought a little less about profits, and tought a bit more about the gamers.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
kazekun said:
Making that this forum stays in 1 page >_< shouldnt leave there until this translation is finished! thanks for awsome job.Thanks for the bump! We appreciate the sentiment, but we don't mind if this thread is quiet. We'd prefer to not hype it up too much and surprise everyone, rather than talk a lot and under-deliver.

QUOTE(phoenixgoddess27 @ Apr 4 2011, 10:35 AM) Densetsu adds new screenshots every four days or so, so the project is always being updated, even when it seems like a quiet thread
smile.gif
This project is so ninja
ninja.gif

And PG makes the screens. I just post 'em.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DS1 said:

and actually, there are lots of grammar faults in official translation games. I remember some in Golden Sun...
and Fan translation KNOW the game they are translating, they're keeping context as much as possible.
It's not a machine but a human translation.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 I hope this project meets the goal smoothly.

I would like to contribute but I don't know where I can effectively study Japanese at no expanse to myself aside from my time. If you know of any websites or free online courses that I can take during my downtime before and after I go to work I would be more than happy to study up. I only know about five Katakana pictograms total. Ni, Mi, Ah, Ki, Ta, and Ra. (Take a wild guess why I know Ki Ta Ra by heart.) Hiragana throws me off though.

When the beta testing stage begins, I would be more than happy to become a beta tester. I have a keen eye to detail and if something is out of place I'll be sure to write it down.

Here is a simulated example.

There is a text runoff in the dialog on mission one.

Here is what I jot down:
Flahscard used: Acekard2i [HW81]
Hardware: 3DS
Software: AKAIO 1.6.1b
Mission: Mission 1-1
Bug Brief: Text Runoff in dialog box
Bug Details: Line 15, Cor 28, the word "Unlucky" appears as "Unlu" Game continues to function regardless of this runoff.

Even if I am not selected for beta testing, no hard feelings. I'll just wait for the finished product. I may not know how hard it is to localize a game but I can imagine.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hum... I waited a couple years for Tales of Innocence translation to come out. =3
From my point of view, the wait only makes the game better, for example, if we want something and we get it right away, it loses some of the interest. Thats why it's always fun to pre-order games and wait for them in a hype. xP

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DJ91990 said:
If you know of any websites or free online courses that I can take during my downtime before and after I go to work I would be more than happy to study up.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue-CMhppcUk[/youtube]
rofl.gif
lecture.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu9000 said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Densetsu adds new screenshots every four days or so, so the project is always being updated, even when it seems like a quiet thread
smile.gif
This project is so ninja
ninja.gif

And PG makes the screens. I just post 'em.

The project ninja's the temp
ninja.gif

Lies and broomsticks, the screenshots are all your idea >:

QUOTE(DJ91990 @ Apr 4 2011, 01:13 PM)
phoenixgoddess27 I hope this project meets the goal smoothly.

I would like to contribute but I don't know where I can effectively study Japanese at no expanse to myself aside from my time. If you know of any websites or free online courses that I can take during my downtime before and after I go to work I would be more than happy to study up. I only know about five Katakana pictograms total. Ni, Mi, Ah, Ki, Ta, and Ra. (Take a wild guess why I know Ki Ta Ra by heart.) Hiragana throws me off though.

When the beta testing stage begins, I would be more than happy to become a beta tester. I have a keen eye to detail and if something is out of place I'll be sure to write it down.

Even if I am not selected for beta testing, no hard feelings. I'll just wait for the finished product. I may not know how hard it is to localize a game but I can imagine.

Actually, haha, the beta setup will surprise you if you're chosen as a tester. We can't just choose anyone, because that's just too problematic for us, but we have a pretty good idea on what we're looking for. We'll explain in further detail after we find testers.

As for Japanese, if you look a page back someone asked how we learned and asked for a few pointers, you can look at those posts
smile.gif

Katakana is harder for me than Hiragana, but as long as I have Kanji, all is well @_@

If you want to learn more Kana(Hiragana and Katakana), try getting a Kana chart and writing each kana down repeatedly until you memorize it. Say them aloud as you write them, though.

Japanese in general, is more than just Kana, so you'll need to learn much, much more than just that and it takes quite a long time to learn. If you rush Japanese, you won't learn it. If you want to order books to help you, just PM me and I can give you a list of my recommendations
smile.gif

You can ask Inori for a few lessons if you get confused as you learn from classes, books, tutors(Though you should be able to ask your tutor if you're confused on something), actual Japanese friends/people or whatever method you choose. Just know that anime, manga and romaji will not teach you Japanese(So many people think it can @_@). Densetsu's really good with lessons, too
smile.gif

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Actually, haha, the beta setup will surprise you if you're chosen as a tester. We can't just choose anyone, because that's just too problematic for us, but we have a pretty good idea on what we're looking for. We'll explain in further detail after we find testers.

Lol, good, I was about to send Densetsu a message about who I thought should be beta testing, but it sounds like you figured it out.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
DS1 said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Lol, good, I was about to send Densetsu a message about who I thought should be beta testing, but it sounds like you figured it out.
PG and Inori have a lot of experience with beta testing from their past projects (as well as their concurrent project), so they have their reasons for doing things the way we're doing it for this project. But I'm really interested in hearing your suggestions, DS1. Feel free to PM me.

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best of luck with this project. It sucks that Square was pretty heavy on not allowing other companies to localize the game, so seeing the game in English in some form is pretty sweet.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a gameplay question that doesn't seem to be covered on Wikipedia, and since it sounds like you guys/gals are knee-deep into the translation, I figured you might be able to answer this:

The Wikipedia page says something to the effect of being able to have four characters battle the giant boss creatures. Are the three other characters A.I.-controlled only, or can you hook up with other players via Nintendo WFC? Or are they controlled by the player, a la an RTS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night