Hacking Block Nintendo via Router?

MovingxTarget

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the threads I have found on this are dated, or refer to a setup with a PC and a switch

I understand every router is different and I will figure out what to do for my own router.

But is it possible to fully block all of Nintendos services? I would like to use FTP and other internet related features for my Homebrew, but I also do not wanna get banned.

I am yet to even connect my switch to the internet after owning it for so long!

I do not care about Nintendos services, store, or anything like that.

Just curious, thanks.

Taorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can, then you should setup a whitelist for your Switch. That way you won't have to rely on a dns server, over which you have no control.

achuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The above would be preferable if your router supports it or you have a firewall yes.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
If you can, then you should setup a whitelist for your Switch. That way you won't have to rely on a dns server, over which you have no control.

But could you use homebrew apps where you want to transfer files with WiFi network?

Taorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But could you use homebrew apps where you want to transfer files with WiFi network?

Yes. A whitelist is essential a list of domains to which your Switch has access. It doesn't interfere with communication inside your network, for example between your PC and your Switch.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. A whitelist is essential a list of domains to which your Switch has access. It doesn't interfere with communication inside your network, for example between your PC and your Switch.

Is there a guide on how to do this?

Taorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a guide on how to do this?

You have to search for a manual of your router model. The process varies from router to router and installed firmware. Some router won't have that feature at all.

tl;dr; Type <router name> white list manual into Google and hope for the best.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
You have to search for a manual of your router model. The process varies from router to router and installed firmware. Some router won't have that feature at all.

tl;dr; Type <router name> white list manual into Google and hope for the best.

What address has to be blocked?

0000ff

Spase Peepole
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you block it on a router level, wifi won't work because it needs the 200 ok response. you can do yaDNS for local wifi that does the 200 ok response which leaves wifi on....

otherwise, wifi will connect briefly but since it doesn't get that response, it drops and reconnects and tries again.

this issue is resolved locally with yaDNS or externally with 90dns

Reactions: poulp3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: b