Blinking orange light

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by CrisR82, Nov 24, 2016.

1. CrisR82
    OP

CrisR82 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2011
    I already read a few topics on this, but they don't seem to cover my case specifically so I'm posting it separately.

I recently bought a used Vita from a used goods site, it seems to be in pretty good condition but I keep having battery life issues. I leave the console plugged in the AC over-night , then in the morning on the buss I try playing Persona 4 Golden - 10 minutes later I get a Low Battery notification.

What I am noticing is that when charging the console with the AC (I powered it off beforehand), the orange light is blinking. today however I brought the USB cable without the AC to work and plugged it in the PC and I noticed the orange light was solid.

Should I take this as an indication for a bad charger? My finances are limited at the moment and I'm not sure if I should risk spending additional cash on a charger or not.

2. mummysboy

mummysboy GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2009
    Orange light blinking is either dead battery (please charge me indication) or insufficient power supplied.

Try using a differnt USB wall plug and see if you get better results.

Im using a 5V 2.4A USB wall plug since my SONY one died on me

3. CrisR82
    OP

CrisR82 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2011
    (sorry if this is necro-posting, but seemed pointless to open a new topic)

I decided to keep going like how it is now, and I have more info on what's happening:
    Charging with the charger sometimes works 100% fine, sometimes it starts blinking right away, sometimes it starts blinking a couple of minutes after I plug it in to charge.
    Charging with the USB cable works the same way if I turn the console off.

I also noticed that while playing, the battery indicator tends to go crazy sometimes, saying "battery is low" but a few seconds later I minimize the game and the indicator is half-full, but shortly after it goes back to red again.

This makes me lean towards a battery issue, but while playing I can still get a good 2-3 hours of gameplay on Persona 4 Golden...any pointers or tips for stuff to try?

4. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    porbably battery related,

i always keep my vita in sleep mode, it has been 2 weeks now in sleep mode.

i wonder if this is bad for the battery pack xD

i love the vita standby time it is so amazing, so much better than the 3ds ones.