Homebrew blargSnes -- SNES emulator for the 3DS (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I vote for:
a) Special Chips
b) SPC Timing
c) BS-X ROM support.

:P

Would BS-X ROM support give us full support for translated ROMs? Or what else would BS-X ROM support do?

Edit:
My votes:
a) SPC Timing issues
b) Special Chips implementation
c) 2nd Screen saver (Power off on the lower screen option. I just HATE that jenesisDS never got that fucking option.. That emulator was sooo close to perfect :( )
d) Some sprite glitches in a couple of games like SFII, Samurai Shodown etc..

*meow*

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Would BS-X ROM support give us full support for translated ROMs? Or what else would BS-X ROM support do?
Translated ROMs are basically patches ROMs, aren't they?
I don't see why a simple translated ROM might have trouble booting up, unless it is a special chip game.

BS-X ROMs are those that were released in Japan under a certain paid subscription, I heard those games sometimes give trouble when being emulated, although I haven't had any issues with both Zelda Ancient Stone Tablets nor Third/Fourth Quest in Snes9xGX nor the original one, I haven't tried booting one of those up yet with blargSNES.

Reactions: SLiV3R

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Translated ROMs are basically patches ROMs, aren't they?
I don't see why a simple translated ROM might have trouble booting up, unless it is a special chip game.

BS-X ROMs are those that were released in Japan under a certain paid subscription, I heard those games sometimes give trouble when being emulated, although I haven't had any issues with both Zelda Ancient Stone Tablets nor Third/Fourth Quest in Snes9xGX nor the original one, I haven't tried booting one of those up yet with blargSNES.

Ahh, ok. Is it like support for games like the Mario Excitebike and such? But there were very few of those games I think...

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I vote for:
a) Special Chips
b) SPC Timing
c) BS-X ROM support.

:P

"special chips" might be a HUGE undertaking. Personally if it were my project, i'd go like so:
1. SPC Timing (would fix a bunch of broken stuff)
2. BS-X ROM Support (would likely be pretty simple to implement, as it's basically a slight offshoot for standard snes games)
3. Special Chips - each of these could potentially take a lot of work to implement, and some of the more sophisticated ones, the 3ds may simply just not have enough horsepower to do. Period.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Given that he's also working on Legohax, I'm going to assume something involving cross-functionality, so probably a "Return to Launcher" button.

Nic333

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually, some BS-X games can run on Blarg.
BS Super Mario USA - Dai-1-kai can run with no problems at all on Blarg
And... Dezaemon BS-X Version-BSX Shooting (One of the best BS-X games on my opinion) can boot and run but you get a lot of graphics glitches.
Some pics in the spoiler
WP_20150505_22_05_08_Pro.jpg

WP_20150505_22_13_26_Pro.jpg
WP_20150505_22_20_31_Pro.jpg

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Given that he's also working on Legohax, I'm going to assume something involving cross-functionality, so probably a "Return to Launcher" button.

The return to loader function already exist. It is accessible in the rom selection menu, in top right corner, the red cross.
Actually, some BS-X games can run on Blarg.
BS Super Mario USA - Dai-1-kai can run with no problems at all on Blarg
And... Dezaemon BS-X Version-BSX Shooting (One of the best BS-X games on my opinion) can boot and run but you get a lot of graphics glitches.
Some pics in the spoiler
WP_20150505_22_05_08_Pro.jpg

WP_20150505_22_13_26_Pro.jpg
WP_20150505_22_20_31_Pro.jpg

Radical dreamers also works fine.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've been using SNES TYL on the PSP with the incompatible games... and it kind of sucks. The emulatore runs well, but hangs a lot. Hopefully with this update we'll get that compatibility list all green and I can switch to the 3DS in full. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto