Hardware Blank screens no Wifi light

DullOxide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DSXL that when power is pressed the power light comes on blue but the screens do not power on at all. No backlight on a black screen or anything. The Wifi Light is not on and holding the power button down for 10 seconds still works to turn the system off.

I replaced the top screen and this is the state the system was in after the screen was replaced. Prior to this the bottom screen worked and wifi was working.

My question is if I messed up when replacing the top screen wouldn't the bottom screen still work or at least the WiFi still show active?

Any help in how to fix this issue would be amazing thank you for your help.

DullOxide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DSXL that when power is pressed the power light comes on blue but the screens do not power on at all. No backlight on a black screen or anything. The Wifi Light is not on and holding the power button down for 10 seconds still works to turn the system off.

I replaced the top screen and this is the state the system was in after the screen was replaced. Prior to this the bottom screen worked and wifi was working.

My question is if I messed up when replacing the top screen wouldn't the bottom screen still work or at least the WiFi still show active?

Any help in how to fix this issue would be amazing thank you for your help.

Does anyone have any suggestions I can try?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You must've messed up the ribbons or reconnected them poorly. If the system thinks it's missing a screen, it will not boot. I suggest disassembling and reassembling the whole thing again, the ribbon has to be seated correctly in its connector.

DullOxide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must've messed up the ribbons or reconnected them poorly. If the system thinks it's missing a screen, it will not boot. I suggest disassembling and reassembling the whole thing again, the ribbon has to be seated correctly in its connector.

I checked the connections and everything seems snug. I dismantled the it top screen and bottom screen without the ribbons going through the hinge and connected all of the ribbons to test it and still no response. The ribbons look exactly the same as when I got them but the top screen was a tested working part from a online dealer but the ribbon does have some bends and impressions in it so I guess its possible the screen is faulty. I will take pictures and post it when I get a chance. Beyond that where is a good place to buy parts or would I be better off just selling this unit as is and buying a used unit?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I checked the connections and everything seems snug. I dismantled the it top screen and bottom screen without the ribbons going through the hinge and connected all of the ribbons to test it and still no response. The ribbons look exactly the same as when I got them but the top screen was a tested working part from a online dealer but the ribbon does have some bends and impressions in it so I guess its possible the screen is faulty. I will take pictures and post it when I get a chance. Beyond that where is a good place to buy parts or would I be better off just selling this unit as is and buying a used unit?
I wouldn't know - I'd probably try DX. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-