Hardware Black screen on home menu, but can open Rosalina menu?

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I turned on my 3ds this morning and it stays on a black screen, but I can open Rosalina menu... I restored a backup of my NAND and it still is a black screen.

Oh shit. As I was typing this, it went to the home menu. But it was stuck on a black screen for probably 4 minutes. Any ideas why it did that?

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then just hope it won't happen again
So, before I restored my old NAND, I made a backup of the current one. I just restored that one and it did the thing again where it stayed on a black screen for like 4 minutes then it booted to the home menu. It reboots fine now. I have no clue what was going on.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, before I restored my old NAND, I made a backup of the current one. I just restored that one and it did the thing again where it stayed on a black screen for like 4 minutes then it booted to the home menu. It reboots fine now. I have no clue what was going on.
Wild guess: Messed up save data/extdata on SD or even on NAND.
Sometimes the OS is able to correct things and next reboot is normal again. It happened on my O3DSXL once and never again.

First thing to try is booting without SD to see if it is caused by corrupted Home Menu extdata.

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok at least it works now. Now I can sit back and appreciate the fact that my 3ds has a 644mb bonus drive now. Lmao (I learned that today while browsing the scripts for gm9)

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay