Hacking Black screen after installing sysmenu

Johnnino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I ve got a wii that was half bricked (turning it on resulted in a black screen), with priiloader installed and accessible (pressing reset button when powered on), I thought it was a sysmenu problem, caused by a bad theme applied so I ve checked the version (4.3e) and installed a theme for the correct version.
After that it was giving me always the same error(black screen) so I installed bootmii on ios and made a backup of the nand in case something bad may happened, after that I downloaded the system menu file with nus (version 514) and installed the wad with wii mod lite, rebooted and then black screen. I couldn't manage to load priiloader anymore.
I checked the SD card and bootmii folder was present, i tried booting without sd card, same.
I tried booting into recovery mode with gc controller and it worked, heard that there was a bootmii DVD that when inserted in recovery it would have gone on the bootmii menu, so I searched for the file and burned it on a blank DVD and put it in the wii.
After a while it stops spinning, also ( in recovery) i tried putting some of the oldest games of the wii that I had (wii party and Mario sports mix) that I heard came with the updated systemmenu installed in them but they keep spinning forever.
Soooo... Is there anything I can do in order to save the wii? Thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Do u have a copy of super smash bros? Copy smash stack to an SD card and launch that exploit to launch homebrew. If u can do this, there is hope... but yeah, outlook doesn't look good. I wish you came asking for help before reinstalling your system menu. We would have at least warned u that doing this removes priiloader and u should reinstall it immediately

Last edited by XFlak,

Johnnino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do u have a copy of super smash bros? Copy smash stack to an SD card and launch that exploit to launch homebrew. If u can do this, there is hope... but yeah, outlook doesn't look good.
I have tried to put an original copy of smash in recovery but it keeps spinning forever like the other 2 disks, if I put it in (without recovery) it keeps showing me black screen.
I wish you came asking for help before reinstalling your system menu. We would have at least warned u that doing this removes priiloader and u should reinstall it immediately
Yeah... I feel dumb. Luckily this will be a warning for everyone who tries to imitate me.
I assume that my only options now are this:
-in order to load the bootmii DVD and then to load in the bootmii menu I have to put a modchip on it
-I heard that there is a non recommended device (infectus I think) that lets you rebuild the nand? (it would made a complete reset of the wii?) but its hard to find nowdays and a little bit difficult to connect to the wii
If you know any other option or anything else that would be helpful I appreciate a lot, thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
An infectus plus nand backup would work if you have the skills, but it's probably cheaper/easier to get a new wii than an infectus.

Still keep your nand backup though, you can recover game saves, mii's, etc from it if you care to install it to a new console (or emunand) in the future

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: Johnnino

Johnnino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An infectus plus nand backup would work if you have the skills, but it's probably cheaper/easier to get a new wii than an infectus.

Still keep your nand backup though, you can recover game saves, mii's, etc from it if you care to install it to a new console (or emunand) in the future
Great to hear that, thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, srsly?