Black screen after Atmosphere splash

Rakidas

Gay Pirate Queen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

This has happened on 2 SD cards now and I desperately need to try and mend it.

I initially had a 512GB Lexar card that worked absolutely fine for over a year. I installed FE Engage and shortly after the card began to play games excruciatingly slowly before crashing. I was forced to hold the power button to turn off the switch, at which point I could always load back into Hekate but never got past the Atmosphere splash again, just black screen after trying to boot fusee.bin.

I purchased a 1TB Sandisk card, tested genuine, and painstakingly downloaded every game again and built a new EmuMMC- she was all good. Like a fool, I assumed that my old card had just worn out and didn’t think FE Engage was the problem and downloaded it again. I never even played it on the new card and yet exactly the same thing happened- crippling slow down followed by crash. Both cards were running latest Hekate and Atmosphere on latest OFW.

Is this a case of deleting some file by inserting the SD card into my computer or just waiting for an Atmosphere / Hekate update that fixes the problem? It might not even be Engage I guess but it seems suspicious as hell when I have never had this problem before across about 4 SD cards.

Any help appreciated, thanks 😊

Last edited by Rakidas,

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi guys,

This has happened on 2 SD cards now and I desperately need to try and mend it.

I initially had a 512GB Lexar card that worked absolutely fine for over a year. I installed FE Engage and shortly after the card began to play games excruciatingly slowly before crashing. I was forced to hold the power button to turn off the switch, at which point I could always load back into Hekate but never got past the Atmosphere splash again, just black screen after trying to boot fusee.bin.

I purchased a 1TB Sandisk card, tested genuine, and painstakingly downloaded every game again and built a new EmuMMC- she was all good. Like a fool, I assumed that my old card had just worn out and didn’t think FE Engage was the problem and downloaded it again. I never even played it on the new card and yet exactly the same thing happened- crippling slow down followed by crash. Both cards were running latest Hekate and Atmosphere on latest OFW.

Is this a case of deleting some file by inserting the SD card into my computer or just waiting for an Atmosphere / Hekate update that fixes the problem? It might not even be Engage I guess but it seems suspicious as hell when I have never had this problem before across about 4 SD cards.

Any help appreciated, thanks 😊
your atmo and hekate was fresh on new sd as well?
Maybe uninstall this game?

Rakidas

Gay Pirate Queen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My atmo and hekate was fresh, yeah :( I did copy the atmo/contents folder as I had mods for different games in that folder on my old SD and didn't want to lose them, but she worked just fine with that or at least seemed to. My new SD spent her last breath uninstalling Engage successfully before she crashed and couldn't get back into atmo again. I'm wondering if there's some orphan files kicking around somewhere screwing with it maybe?

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My atmo and hekate was fresh, yeah :( I did copy the atmo/contents folder as I had mods for different games in that folder on my old SD and didn't want to lose them, but she worked just fine with that or at least seemed to. My new SD spent her last breath uninstalling Engage successfully before she crashed and couldn't get back into atmo again. I'm wondering if there's some orphan files kicking around somewhere screwing with it maybe?
I don't know but i think you should test it full clean without mods and if this works add your mods one by one to see when it will brake again :wtf:

PS. Maybe someone will have a better idea :wacko: and perhaps a list of modules/hb and other mods that you are using will help to identify the problem.

Rakidas

Gay Pirate Queen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know but i think you should test it full clean without mods and if this works add your mods one by one to see when it will brake again :P

PS. Maybe someone will have a better idea :D and perhaps a list of modules/hb and other mods that you are using will help to identify the problem.
I appreciate your input bro, thanks for trying :) I just can't bear the idea of downloading 40+ games again lol after another format. The only other thing I can think of is the fact that I updated to the latest OFW with AIO for the first time after never doing so before a short while beforehand. Is there a chance this is the problem and I need to roll it back somehow and update officially?

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I appreciate your input bro, thanks for trying :) I just can't bear the idea of downloading 40+ games again lol after another format. The only other thing I can think of is the fact that I updated to the latest OFW with AIO for the first time after never doing so before a short while beforehand. Is there a chance this is the problem and I need to roll it back somehow and update officially?
So your sandisk card is not booting now too? Did try to run it again on clean atmo without additional stuff on it?
If you update your ofw i think it is doable but you will burn your fuses or something like that :wacko: iam not sure.
But you can do a whole new emu from your old nand/emmc backup if you have one?

Rakidas

Gay Pirate Queen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a NAND backup that I did when I first put CFW on my switch- I could restore that with some instructions from a rentry guide or something I’m sure. Good idea :) I’m about to try it with a clean atmo Binkinator suggested on the commonly asked questions thread, so fingers crossed!

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have a NAND backup that I did when I first put CFW on my switch- I could restore that with some instructions from a rentry guide or something I’m sure. Good idea :) I’m about to try it with a clean atmo Binkinator suggested on the commonly asked questions thread, so fingers crossed!
yes do clean atmo and if it boots backup your games by DBI to your lexar or other storage.
Dont forget about your saves

Rakidas

Gay Pirate Queen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ran it with my old atmo folder renamed to atmo.bk and pasted the brand new atmo straight from Github. Good news? She booted perfectly into atmo! Bad news? All my games were gone fml :rofl2: Is there some way that I can get her booting again without losing the games that I spent a solid week downloading through Tinfoil?

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Are you using RAM OC higher then 1600? Clocks like 1862 and 1999 if they aren't stable have a chance of filesystem corruption. Also if you are using FAT32 on your SD card instead of EXFAT can cause filesystem corruption. That should help you stop it in the future.

Rakidas

Gay Pirate Queen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using RAM OC higher then 1600? Clocks like 1862 and 1999 if they aren't stable have a chance of filesystem corruption. Also if you are using FAT32 on your SD card instead of EXFAT can cause filesystem corruption. That should help you stop it in the future.
Not overclocked as far as I know and definitely formatted FAT32. All the guides I read insisted on FAT32 so I chose that instead of exFAT. Is this outdated info? Thanks :)

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ran it with my old atmo folder renamed to atmo.bk and pasted the brand new atmo straight from Github. Good news? She booted perfectly into atmo! Bad news? All my games were gone fml :rofl2: Is there some way that I can get her booting again without losing the games that I spent a solid week downloading through Tinfoil?
but you are running on the same emu still? After clean atmo you should have all your games over there with the same emu.

Rakidas

Gay Pirate Queen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
but you are running on the same emu still? After clean atmo you should have all your games over there with the same emu.
In a panic I created a new emuMMC in Hekate when it wouldn't boot :cry: Why am I such a dumbass. I have to download a billion games again now don't I

• Wow
Reactions: Lamcza

Rakidas

Gay Pirate Queen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds bad to me what is the size of your emummc folder on sd now : P?
According to Minitool, I have 4 partitions on the SD card: 16MB unallocated, 9MB unallocated, 29.2GB full (must be emu) and 924.4GB that is now 29% used because I am a moron (main card). God knows what the two little ones are but the other two make sense

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
According to Minitool, I have 4 partitions on the SD card: 16MB unallocated, 9MB unallocated, 29.2GB full (must be emu) and 924.4GB that is now 29% used because I am a moron (main card). God knows what the two little ones are but the other two make sense
i was asking about the folder on sd

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ah sorry, misread you. But 653GB free now of 924GB
so the games are still there but idk if you can pull them never done that straight from sd or after overriding my emu with clean one :o try to install dbi and check if it shows some under installed games

Rakidas

Gay Pirate Queen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so the games are still there but idk if you can pull them never done that :D try to instal dbi and check if it shows some under installed games
248GB good god how is the folder so massive
Post automatically merged:

I need to wipe this card and start over again, don't I

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay