Hacking Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth doesn't appear to work on 9.5 or lower

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, looks like there's a day 1 patch inbound from the dev's, as soon as NOA approves it. There's multiple reported bugs that cause things like items/bosses/textures to turn invisble, and music cutting out after a couple minutes of gameplay.

Might want to try to grab that update file as well, to whoever gets on the eshop w/ their hardmodded N3ds.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Also, looks like there's a day 1 patch inbound from the dev's, as soon as NOA approves it. There's multiple reported bugs that cause things like items/bosses/textures to turn invisble, and music cutting out after a couple minutes of gameplay.

Might want to try to grab that update file as well, to whoever gets on the eshop w/ their hardmodded N3ds.

It's going to be me and I'll grab both

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh? The post says 9.6 plus; we need the latest firmware for eshop but yes sysupdater on pasta would work but once again no reason

lol, I only read the top section under instructions where it says "(only available on FW 9.6, thus only available with a hardmod or on EmuNAND)". Well, glad that's not a handicap then. :D

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Huh? The post says 9.6 plus; we need the latest firmware for eshop but yes sysupdater on pasta would work but once again no reason
nope afaik the eshop spoof doesn't enable the seeddb downloading feature (i would guess) so to get the seed needed to decrypt you would need to update to 9.6+ dump your nand, decrypt it, recover the seed for the game, then downgrade and decrypt.....but im not sure it will even work as iirc there is new keyslots it could be using for 9.6 n3DS only usage

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I thought he just needs to save his current nand, update to latest eshop fw, buy the game (grab update if possible) and do whatever program reads/extracts the seed/title/whatev and maybe reach out to member key1340, to help decrypt.

Actually, does this work for you Ron if you're still on 9.0ish FW? (to avoid having to mess with update/revert nand)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...eshop-and-more-on-new-3ds-and-old-3ds.386591/

----edit---
Seeing gamesquest post, if the spoofer DOES work (maybe?) would that change seed data downloaded vs. downloading seed data on a pure 9.6+ fw?

Reactions: capito27

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
You have to be on 9.6+ (so 9.9 is just fine) to be able to extract the proper file for seeddb.bin generation.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I thought he just needs to save his current nand, update to latest eshop fw, buy the game (grab update if possible) and do whatever program reads/extracts the seed/title/whatev and maybe reach out to member key1340, to help decrypt.

Actually, does this work for you Ron if you're still on 9.0ish FW? (to avoid having to mess with update/revert nand)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...eshop-and-more-on-new-3ds-and-old-3ds.386591/
Nope, the seed file is only created on 9.6+ firm, so he will need to update anyways
Edit: to be more precise, the seed info would not be stored in the nand if it is not running off 9.6 firm.

Last edited by capito27,

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, well I guess it's in good hands for now with Ronhero. Once he gets it and such, others can chime in and try to figure it out.
Still just day 1 and supposed patch incoming, but other people said they said they would release a patch for '1001 spikes' and that never happened. Although Ed is actually saying the patch was submitted so I guess we'll see.

zuxicovp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it appears that we are waiting on the guy with the hardmod.

I have a question, if this works and we are able to run the game on 9.5, would we be able to use a fw spoof eshop to update the game, or will we need to wait for a hardmodded user every time a patch is out?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So it appears that we are waiting on the guy with the hardmod.

I have a question, if this works and we are able to run the game on 9.5, would we be able to use a fw spoof eshop to update the game, or will we need to wait for a hardmodded user every time a patch is out?
every time a update is out, crypto-fix games just remove the layer of encryption that is unreadable on 9.5 or lower so older FW's can read it, each update would also need to have it removed too

key1340

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Ronhero

I'll give a small guide here.

Backup 9.0-9.2 nand.Update to 9.9 download game + update.Backup 9.9 nand and restore 9.0-9.2 nand.Make a fat16xorpad of your nand with Decrypt9 and pull your decrypted fat16.bin from the 9.9 nand backup.Mount fat16.bin in winimage and get your ticket.db and 00000000 that is the seeddb.Then use CDNto3DS to get the 3ds of the game and the cia of the update.Then use seedconv with the 00000000 file to get the seeddb.bin.

Then you would put the 3ds + seeddb.bin on sd card and decrypt with Decrypt9.It would use a combination of the 7x ncch + 9.6 seed keys to decrypt the romfs.But with this being a n3ds only game i don't know if it will use 7x ncch or 9.x ncch for decrypting the romfs.If it uses 7x ncch you will be able to decrypt it if it uses 9.x ncch you probably wont be able to decrypt it.

It will probably use the 7x ncch + 9.6 seed keys for the romfs crypto so you would be able to cryptofix it.

But it will definitely use 9.x ncch to launch the game so it wont run on the o3ds.

With the game using 9.6 seed crypto and probably needing 9.6+ fw it will probably use the new 9.6 ncch keys to launch the game.If thats the case the game would need 9.6+ emunand to work.

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I think I understand that thanks so much @key1340.

I dumped another n3ds exclusive before but nothing with crypto fix.

To all that are wondering I'm on the train home now; got off work late after trouble shooting a new mso we turned on today. To anyone who knows anything about large networks and fiber this is a huge headache. I'll be home in like an hour then once I shower eat and spend a bit of time with my baby and I'll post it.

Fyi I'll start the process once I get home since a lot of steps take time to run

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...got off work late after trouble shooting a new mso we turned on today. To anyone who knows anything about large networks and fiber this is a huge headache. I'll be home in like an hour then once I shower eat and spend a bit of time with my baby and I'll post it.

Fyi I'll start the process once I get home since a lot of steps take time to run

Ron, don't forget to call it a night before u get so far in and make a mistake. Working in IT too ive made sleepy mistakes that didn't take long to steamroll into something worse!
If you find out anything useful, feel free to post an update so we can either be potentially excited, or expect the trademark "SOON" solution needed from Gateway. Lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I started apple cider vinegar tablets again hope I don't start burping it up