Hardware BINBOK Joy-Cons on PC

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unsure whether this belongs here or under Switch, but oh well. These Joy-Cons work fine on Switch and all that, but I wanna use them on PC like regular ones seem to be able to. But they're being read as Pro Controllers, with the Windows Gamepad set up not showing any inputs from buttons or sticks. BetterJoy also reads it at the same but also brings in the cool issue of the left Joy-Con constantly being read as stick up.

Dunno if anything can be done about this at all or its just on BINBOK's end of things.

TashaTime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No luck I haven't made it as far as you. I'm going to write what I tried to in case someone else is trying this. I didn't get a new pro controller to show up only the one I used before. I updated the drivers on the joy-cons to the latest version. That did not help, but I will describe how you do that. You go to the Binbok website. Strangely enter some personal information, then you can download the drivers. You turn off the controller by pressing the button on the middle inside edge of the controller. Lanch the program, hold r3 or l3 while you plug it one joy-con, and click install. It said 1.27 was installed on the right and 1.19 on the left from the factory. No idea why. Then I pushed the button to try to pair to Bluetooth, there were 3 categories of Bluetooth devices I tried all 3, and opened the device manager windows 10. I was expected to see a new controller or an orange error thing but nothing. I also tried plugging in two USB C cords. I was hoping to use the joy-cons for gyro aim in fps games although I bought them because my joy-con died. I do have a pro controller but is annoying it has to use Bluetooth and I don't think I can charge it.

Weedweeb

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Sorry for piggybacking and necroing this thread. How do you pair your Binbok Joycon on pc/laptop? Mine won't detect the Bluetooth and the seller claims that it only works on the Switch
Edit: Nvm, found out why. I didn't press the sync button on the rails

Last edited by Weedweeb,

Weedweeb

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Sorry for piggybacking and necroing this thread. How do you pair your Binbok Joycon on pc/laptop? Mine won't detect the Bluetooth and the seller claims that it only works on the Switch

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're good, on me for never having said I solved it.
Mine connect just fine to my laptop with the sync button, so it sounds like a bluetooth issue.

But in general, after getting them connected you use BetterJoy (latest release works just fine). They'll show up as Pro Controllers, but open Add Controllers to see two "Wireless Gamepads" in the left column. These are your JoyCons. They have to be moved to the right and also properly assigned as left or right joy cons. I just luck out and have Dolphin open on the side to see if they're properly assigned (moving the stick on the left joycon moving Dolphin's Control Stick).

I'm probably not using these anymore (customer service and the left joycon got annoying) but to anyone else who wants to use 'em, here you go.

edcantu9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're good, on me for never having said I solved it.
Mine connect just fine to my laptop with the sync button, so it sounds like a bluetooth issue.

But in general, after getting them connected you use BetterJoy (latest release works just fine). They'll show up as Pro Controllers, but open Add Controllers to see two "Wireless Gamepads" in the left column. These are your JoyCons. They have to be moved to the right and also properly assigned as left or right joy cons. I just luck out and have Dolphin open on the side to see if they're properly assigned (moving the stick on the left joycon moving Dolphin's Control Stick).

I'm probably not using these anymore (customer service and the left joycon got annoying) but to anyone else who wants to use 'em, here you go.
Can you get the Binboks controllers once connected to the pc to be recognized as one controller in betterjoy?

I am wanting to use it this way because I am a big guy and holding a regular xbox controller feels like a a giant holding on to this little control. I would rather have my arms separated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol