f10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,
Just a quick question: what .bin file do you use for your esp8266?
I'm using the .bin 2.1 of c0d3m4st4 that I find quite good.
Thank you for your answers
f10

Rai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on 5.03 but I've already bought my ESP8266 in anticipation of the upcoming 5.05 jailbreak.

How does it work exactly? Once the kernel exploit is out do I have to wait for someone to create a .bin file that I can load into it?

Reactions: f10

f10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Good idea to have bought in advance ...
Yes, when the hack goes out we'll have to wait for a new .bin with the new exploit

f10

Reactions: Rai

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Even I was wondering whether to get this or not for the 5.05 exploit. As of right now, ESP8266 ESP-12F seems the BEST method of doing it. It's completely offline.

But I am worried/wondering whether the new exploit will be "compatible" with ESP8266 ESP-12F device (4 MB) or not. Any one have any idea?

Like, will the 5.05 exploit be the same as previous exploits? Will it "execute" in the same manner (hence requiring that device) or will it be a different method of hack/exploit?

All I am saying is, I don't want the ESP8266 ESP-12F that I order to go to waste coz the new exploit doesn't need it/use it.

If someone knows how these things work, then maybe they can give their insight. I would really appreciate it.

If I get a green signal from you guys, then I will order it. This thing will take at least 15 days to reach me, so it would be nice to be prepared in advance for the upcoming exploit :)

@KiiWii any inputs on this?

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It will be the exact same process to run hen, just updated files.

Wifi sd card/wifi usb stick will also be purely offline.

On 5.05 the web browser is actually auto enabled by default anyway, so no more need for a method before using webbrowser to unlock webbrowser ;)

Esp is good price but 4mb.... why tho? And you cant update your own files easily....

Stooged did a mod with an sd card for storage which makes them way better, and can drag and drop files..

Last edited by KiiWii,

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
It will be the exact same process to run hen, just updated files.
That's great.

Wifi sd card/wifi usb stick will also be purely offline.
I see. I checked for those and they are costing me $30 locally (Amazon India). Too costly for me :ninja:

Esp is good price but 4mb.... why tho? And you cant update your own files easily....

Stooged did a mod with an sd card for storage which makes them way better, and can drag and drop files..
Alright, I am confused :unsure: Just point me to the right device to order and I'll order it. Hopefully, I can find a similar spec device locally for easy shipping :)

Thanx a lot for all the info and help bro. Really appreciate it :)

I am quite excited. It's good to be prepared in advance for the exploit :D

Last edited by GaaraPrime,

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Yeah i think the SD mod is better to host not as much messing around , as for the board thats the one you need :) .

Hey,

Thanx. I was still getting confused with all the ones that were available on Amazon India, so I did a Google search and found this...

https://frightanic.com/iot/comparison-of-esp8266-nodemcu-development-boards/

https://cknodemcu.wordpress.com/2015/11/13/nodemcu-variants/

After reading both, I figured this would be a better purchase :)

I'll post some pics and let you guys know how it is when I receive it :D

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can when it is open sourced. I haven't committed an update for 4.55 exploit scripts/payloads of it because the end users can easily do it which is much of the reason I released the source. Note that I linked the forked version with FTP management of onboard memory.

And more memory for relatively the same price and room to expand is always good.

Last edited by cracker,

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can when it is open sourced. I haven't committed an update for 4.55 exploit scripts/payloads of it because the end users can easily do it which is much of the reason I released the source. Note that I linked the forked version with FTP management of onboard memory.

And more memory for relatively the same price and room to expand is always good.
I used this code as a base to build my ESP8266 Host and I can confirm it works great.
The built in FTP server works perfectly for editing your files and it also has gzip support which is a big help for the limited memory size of the ESP devices.( I was able to include 4 GTA V mods using gzip) The built in .bin loader is also a great feature.

Regarding the 4mb flash size on the ESP8266 devices, The amout of space you can actually use for your files is only 2.42mb! The rest is used up by the sketch,Wifi,config data etc.

Here are the results I got when testing how much would fit:
SPIFF SIZE:
2.42 MB (2,542,219 bytes) FITS OK
2.42 MB (2,543,697 bytes) TOO MUCH!!

EDIT:
Also, The SD version works fine with most of the exploits but it has problems with loading large payloads (e.g. GTA Mods)

FTP-RW (550kb) = works but takes around 30 secs to load.
GTA-Alfamodz(723kb), GTA-ArabicGuy(911kb), GTA-Wildemods(1,129kb), GTA_Lamance(2,469kb) = Could not get any of them to load.

Last edited by Leeful, , Reason: Added SD version information.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, And you too :) +1