OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sylvainhb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Belgium
Somewhat off-topic, but is there any chance of uploading the game's soundtrack pretty pretty please? I absolutely dig the overworld music. :wub:
You should be able to find that on my brother's album
a1719367310_16.jpg

PypeBros

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sylvainhb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Belgium
At last, an update, with animation on bonuses, a fix for difficulty level selection and a more reactive gameplay. I also tuned the first level so that it doesn't get covered by ink in normal mode and offers a sandbox to test out the gameplay. Hope you'll like it better :)

splash.gif
-
inklevel.gif

PypeBros

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sylvainhb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Belgium
hey, this looks really nice! it really deserves more attention!
Thanks ^_^. You're welcome to tweet/blog/buzz about it ;-).
you should try porting it to Wii U, 3DS and Switch and getting it approved on the eShop!
that would be appealing, but the little I know about the 3DS shows that there is little direct compatibility with DS graphics hardware. And getting approved on the eShop will require being backed by an approved studio. I'm afraid I'm not ready for that ... yet.

Last edited by PypeBros,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Thinking about it ... has anybody already managed to run a DS emulator on WiiU ? (i guess not yet on the Switch)
Since there's VC, I don't think there was any development on that field.

D

Deleted-379826

Woah, as others have already said, this looks super well polished and very high quality. This is pretty dang awesome man, thanks for this!

Reactions: PypeBros

PypeBros

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sylvainhb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Belgium
Woah, as others have already said, this looks super well polished and very high quality. This is pretty dang awesome man, thanks for this!
You're welcome ^_^.
If you have any comments on things that are still missing on the game, I still allow myself this summer to finish the polishing before I move to another project with this character ^_^

PypeBros

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sylvainhb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Belgium
zdUQgl1.gif
gameover.png

Hi everyone. I'm adding a final level on my School Rush. This one will be the final challenge locked away from the "easy" level. I made a special build where you'll start straight from there, and I miss play-testers IRL. If you play it, your feedback will be more than welcome.

PS: if you haven't played SchoolRush first, the learning curve might be a bit steep.
Good Luck.

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi PypeBros,

Just finish to try your special build on my dstwo+ with my ds lite, I've found 2 minimals bugs, I've took some pictures (sorry for the bad quality), I hope it will be hepful :)

First bug : at the first lauch after I've played few times, I had a blue screen of death, this happens to me only once otherwise the nds works fine, I 've tried to reproduce the bug but I didn't arrived, it happens when you select the difficulty level (easy, normal, hard), It looks like a conflict between the touchscreen commands and the directionnal commands cross when you touch the letters GO and you begin the game.

qenoY.jpg

g2xdy.jpg

At this moment I've decide to choose to press Select to see what happens, then I've seen this message appears :

----0b003be0+-00000010----loss: 24 / 128K

kgWoG.jpg

Vo0K9.jpg

apgn0.jpg

...result : except the message mentioned above nothing happens so I've pressed Start but same result too, nothing happens, like a freezing screen.

The second bug is a graphical bug on the bottom screen, during the game, touching the touchscreen here (see the red circle on the picture) mades a graphical issue on the border of the screen :

3nN0b.jpg

nPVQp.jpg

Something totally off topic, do you speak french PypeBros ?

Last edited by Indy13,

PypeBros

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sylvainhb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Belgium
Thank you for your feedback, Indy. I'll investigate what's happening here.
I hope you enjoyed the game despite those crashes. I believe the START/SELECT thing no longer works nowadays. It was an attempt to resume to Moonshell on one of my first linker. The additional line that appeared invited you to browse other part of memory than the stack dump on the bottom of the blue screen .But that's usually only handy useful for myself as a last debugging.

Et en effet, je parle Français. (enfin, comme un Belge, quoi ;)

Reactions: Indy13

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I made a short summary of the problems I encountered because of my bad english but I send you a PM with more details in french maybe it will be more useful ;)

Reactions: PypeBros

PypeBros

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sylvainhb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Belgium
Here is a fixed version, that address the press-START-during-menu bug (afaik, thanks Indy for your useful report) and many other gameplay details, including a fix over annoying don't-parry-combo-attacks from pendats.

Oh, please note that I put levels back in their native order: if you want to try the secret final level again, you'll have to find the final exit ;-)

The second bug is a graphical bug on the bottom screen...
I just managed to reproduce that on my NDS. for some reason, it didn't appeared on the emulator.

Last edited by PypeBros,
Reactions: Indy13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :hrth::toot::grog::toot::hrth: